Troubleshooting Phantom 2 board after flyaway

Reaction score
Hi,
I have flown probably 30 or so times with my phantom 2 and I am pretty religious when it comes to setting a home position and ensuring batteries are full, etc...
Long story short, Phantom went for a swim. it was down for about 30 minutes in about 10 feet of water. Luckily I found it. Got GoPro dried out and working fine. dried phantom out and packed what I could in rice. I am confident everything is dry. when I attempt to power up phantom lights blink once and everything powers off. Was hoping someone would have an electrical schematic or some troubleshooting tips, voltage checks that would help point me in the correct direction?

Very frustrating!
Thanks

Todd

Same happened to buddy, immediately dried out Phantom and Zen, hero. After getting home, disassembled Phantom, and hero blowing out with air compressor. No water got into lens to sensor compartment but there was a slight fog between lens elements. After sitting on a heating pad couple of days, haze went away.
What was ruined was the battery for the gopro, and the phantom battery was flashing wild like something was shorting out and it was getting warm. I pulled right out of the water and popped the cover off to expose the circuit board and blew the water off. Next day it charged up full and got 23 min flight.
I would bet your problem is the battery. A few flights after this incident, this one started flashing red at less than 4 minutes and start landing. Charge only goes to 2 bars. There's more on the battery story but the fact that battery went into the water and its behavior, I just ordered mine sat. good luck, I would like to hear how it turned out, and I'll post mine here mid week. cap

Thanks for reply,
Battery that went into water is shot. I have been using a second good battery trying to get quad running again.

Todd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers