Trouble with extended landing gear

Reaction score
I want to put on the extended landing gear i have, but it looks like the compass and the gimbal cable are too big to fit through the holes where the gear attaches to the body.....any suggestions?

What is the difference in size between the diameter hole in the stock landing leg, and the long one ?

yes. just turn it sideways and push it through. the ribbon cable will crumple.

d4ddyo said:

Yes, that is what I did too. After adding the new gear, I discovered that it was too tall and my $100 case wouldn't close! So, I took them back off! What fun, plus I lost an itty bitty screw.

PhantomFanatic said:
d4ddyo said:

Yes, that is what I did too. After adding the new gear, I discovered that it was too tall and my $100 case wouldn't close! So, I took them back off! What fun, plus I lost an itty bitty screw.

I don't use a case. I also don't use the wide gear because of the new compass (I have the latest Version 2). I use the Vanguard Uprise II 48 backpack. It expands to accommodate the tall wide gear.

Hughie said:
What is the difference in size between the diameter hole in the stock landing leg, and the long one ?

The hole is the same size, unfortunately.

As stated below, the way to do this is to pass the ribbon connector through the hole sideways. If I am not making sense let me know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20