Trouble uploading video/pics directly from the P2V Plus

Reaction score
FYI I'm using an iMac.
The first few times i plugged my phantom Plus into my iMac it did the usual steps. I would upload then delete everything off the card. Then all of a sudden it won't work anymore. It'll be stuck on the first photo or video for about 3-5 minutes then i get an error messages saying that i should not unplug the card while it's in use.
I would normally blame it on the plug I'm using but why is it stuck on the 1st photo or video for an extended period of time before it disconnects/fails? This has happened the last 4 times i tried. sometimes with just photos, and sometimes just videos, and sometimes both.
when i take out the micro sd card and insert it into my iMac it follows the normal steps perfectly so that's what i've been doing. but i'd like to fix the problem keeping my bird at 100%. any suggestions?

I use Macs too. Originally transferred photos and videos via the Phantom2 app (wifi connection) on my iPhone, but it's very slow. Now always just plug the micro card directly in to Mac. Transfer is very fast that way. Haven't tried connecting the camera to the Mac via a USB cable. I do connect Phantom (different USB connector) to Mac with USB cable to set Phantom parameters, update firmware, etc.

I doubt it's the Mac or the memory card. I suspect the problem lies in the usb connection, probably at the camera end. Although I've not actually tried to download any files using that method, it does look like the usb connection at the camera is fragile looking. Just a guess.

Birdman said:
I doubt it's the Mac or the memory card. I suspect the problem lies in the usb connection, probably at the camera end. Although I've not actually tried to download any files using that method, it does look like the usb connection at the camera is fragile looking. Just a guess.

its unbelievably tight. the first time it put the usb cable in it, it took me like 10 minutes to get it out. i had to use so much force that i was scared i was going to break something. it never really got any easier so i switched to the micro usb cable that i use for my galaxy s4. i'll try another cable after my next flight and see if the same thing happens. if it fails, maybe i'll try another. since they come with everything these days i have more than 10 laying around.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj