Trouble upgrading Firmware to Controller and.....

Wow, I couldn't get RC to update at all and didnt see the message previously in the app stating update required. After failing to update with Micro SD USB reader and directly from the Phantom gimbal usb port. I started looking online for instructions on how to get it through the GO App, and I found this.

Go to the DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status. Tap Download the firmware update package to download and update the firmware. Track the update progress from progress bar in the DJI GO App. The status LED on the remote controller will blink blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success.

Low and behold this worked, everything is all updated now! ;)

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Wow, I couldn't get RC to update at all and didnt see the message previously in the app stating update required. After failing to update with Micro SD USB reader and directly from the Phantom gimbal usb port. I started looking online for instructions on how to get it through the GO App, and I found this.

Go to the DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status. Tap Download the firmware update package to download and update the firmware. Track the update progress from progress bar in the DJI GO App. The status LED on the remote controller will blink blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success.

Low and behold this worked, everything is all updated now! ;)
Note to yourself for all future updates there is a directions read file that is in the update folder you can open and read before you start;)

I got the message in app I couldn't update the controller thru the app. Just downloaded bin file to a flash drive and updated without issues. Hope this helps someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am having to update my RC to 1.3.2 first.. Then to new.. Cannot go directly to new.. My firmware was 1.1.9

I got the message in app I couldn't update the controller thru the app. Just downloaded bin file to a flash drive and updated without issues. Hope this helps someone.

I tried everything, SD card App, nothing seems to happen. Now the update message has disappeared? But when I try to enable the IOC it won't let me. Just slides back and grays out? Any suggestions?

I answered my own question. I figured that because when I tried to download the update and nothing happened I must be looking for something else? I still don't know whats going on with this because when I try to enable IOC it wont let me, just slides back and grays out. I cant't find the menu to tell me what the version is. Idk if it updated or not. Any suggestions?

System status bar is where it shows you "safe to fly"
Thanks, I figured that but because I was not able to download the update for the RC I assumed there was another place I ought to be looking. Idk this thing is giving me a headache and I've had it only 2 days. None of my other Phantoms ever gave me this much hassle. Idk if it's worth it. Now its not giving me the update message? I'm going to try a couple short, low test flights and see what happens. Right now though I'm leaning toward returning it and going with the Solo.

Downloading going well so far on bird. I have the original Phantom 3 controller so I still have to update through back of controller right?

well nothing happening on updating controller. I inserted sd card with new update in back of controller and no blue light yet? It is beeping however after a couple minutes. ...hmmmm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1