Trouble shooting issue?

Reaction score
Hi Flyers,
Been out of the loop since June, I do a "Reverse-Hibernation" I go inside until it cools down and don't come out to fly until the heat & humidity break 80º and 50% !! That normally is Mid Oct here in Houston, but we had a 78º+ 44% rare one today. Anyway here is my issue I'm hoping to get some help with in troubleshooting.

My P2V+ has about 30 minutes total flight time on her. I owned a P2V before and logged 100's of hours in that. And then bought my 1st P2V+ and it was one of those 1 in 1000 that was just possessed, so I was given another brand new replace it, the one I have now.

My PROBLEM is that I can't get my Iphone4s to sinc up with it. I've tried everything I can think of to remedy the situation. All the basics in the manuel, incld changing out the memory card, fully charged batt's- fully charged radio batt's & wifi extender, turning on&off all systems several times... I have not done the recent firmware upgrade, but that shouldn't matter (should it)? The wifi did hook up in ONE (1) mid-flight test, but the gimbel did'nt work, the camera was on with no control of anything it should do?? After landing and changing out batt's & memory card , it never sinc'ed up again.....

Could I get some suggestions Please?? It has never been dropped or had a hard landing, or any type of bump either....

Thanks★★MOOSE

When you say sync up do you mean the Iphone does not see the Phantom wireless network? Or it sees it but wont connect. If so does your iphone see other wireless networks?

rrmccabe said:
When you say sync up do you mean the Iphone does not see the Phantom wireless network? Or it sees it but wont connect. If so does your iphone see other wireless networks?

No telemetry, no camera, and the iPhone does work with every other Wireless function it should do including all of its wifi. So the P2V+ does'nt see the wifi...

M

I just read something that I might be the issue, I was in my back yard, so It may be that I'm in the range of my homes wifi.... Im going to drive to the park and test it & get back to report.....

M

Moose said:
rrmccabe said:

No telemetry, no camera, and the iPhone does work with every other Wireless function it should do including all of its wifi. So the P2V+ does'nt see the wifi...

M

The P2V+ IS the wifi :?

You're not being specific about your problem... can you connect to the Phantom wifi at all? Can you tilt the camera with the onscreen buttons?

Let's start with basics: Are you starting your equipment in the recommended way?
Transmitter, Range Extender, Phantom -- It may be up to 90 seconds before you actually see the Phantom_XXXXX SSID, as the extender needs to verify communication with the Phantom before it fully engages the wireless network.

Keep your iPhone on the Wireless Settings page to watch it pick up new SSIDs, then tap it when it does. Usually, your iPhone will auto-connect (provided you're not in range of other auto-connect SSIDs) after the first time.

Being near your home WIFI is not an issue.

Once you turn on your WIFI extender and the actual Phantom you should be able to browse/scan your WIFI networks. You should see your home (since you have one), any neighbors within range and the Phantom within about a minute.

Went to my local park and worked perfect! Came back home and tried the same spot as before and same issue? Whatever it is/was Not an issue since I dont fly it in my yard anyway.... thanks for the suggestions PP flyers!

M :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl