Trouble putting shell back on around motors.

Reaction score
So I am trying to re seat all of the clips after my latest / first crash which seems to be the only thing wrong with the drone other than some broken props and I seem to be having some trouble getting the shell back together around 2 of the motors. As you can see in the pictures, I am not able to squeeze the shell together around the motor and there seems to be something different about the 2 that are having trouble compared to the other 2. In the picture you should be able to see what I am guessing is the hole and the threads for the the screws is in the way not allowing it shut for some reason. Any ideas?
Photo May 30, 11 20 54 AM.png

One that wont go together above. (Back Motors)
One that does close correctly below.

I don't know how why they are different unless it is by design because it doesn't seem as if the top one shifted down from the hit because the plastic around that metal or silver part is also down and I highly doubt that is a separate piece from the shell that can move.
Photo May 30, 11 22 49 AM.png

EDIT #1
After some further investigation it does appear that is plastic housing for the metal threads inside has cracked and shifted down. I guess I will attempt to take the top shell off and see if it can be pushed and epoxied back in to place.
Photo May 30, 11 57 14 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it looks like you may have had some damage to the top part of the shell from the crash. You should probably completely remove the top portion of the shell and check to make sure everything is flush. You can get a new shell for $50-60 DJI Body Shell for Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced but this is a huge undertaking. If you cant get it re glued you could probably do without the screw if you absolutely had to since you still have the one on the end and the other one right on the other side of it.

Yes, it looks like you may have had some damage to the top part of the shell from the crash. You should probably completely remove the top portion of the shell and check to make sure everything is flush. You can get a new shell for $50-60 DJI Body Shell for Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced but this is a huge undertaking. If you cant get it re glued you could probably do without the screw if you absolutely had to since you still have the one on the end and the other one right on the other side of it.

Yeah I probably wouldn't mind running without a screw but I will probably still need to get the top off to make it able to shut. Unfortunately, this is where I am now stuck. Getting the top off is a pain in the butt. If I do buy another shell I would most likely just put the new top on instead of doing a full swap. That is of course if I can get the top off.

UPDATE: I have it about half way off but on the backside near the battery I cant seem to press the bottom shell in to unclip it.
Photo May 30, 12 41 37 PM.jpg
Photo May 30, 12 41 49 PM.jpg

just squeeze the bottom portion of the shell in at the clip locations.

just squeeze the bottom portion of the shell in at the clip locations.

I did end up getting it apart and then I also ended up taking those 2 metal threads out since I was not able to push them in to place. I might eventually tear out the plastic that is usually around that metal piece and then epoxy the bottom of it in.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20