Trouble linking stock TX to Phantom 2

Reaction score
Recently I switched the P2 over to Naza-M mode to enable IOC. Also made sure all the components are updated, the most recent being for the Zenmuse H3-2D firmware v. 1.80. Now, randomly the stock Phantom transmitter has a hard time linking with the Phantom. I just get fast blinking yellow lights, and the red LED on the bottom stays red.

After about 5 power cycles, everything returned back to normal. I did try different combinations, powering on transmitter first then phantom and vice versa, disabling power to the AVL-58 TX/RX - this last bit of troubleshooting seemed to do the trick, but I don't know if it was just a coincidence. The AVL-58 runs off 5.8ghz and the P2 TX runs off 2.4ghz so they shouldn't clash? Recently I moved the AVL-58 to the other side, but it is now closer to the rear left leg, which has a thin antennae cable on it. Could this be an issue?

I'm stumped.

I don't want to state the obvious but are you sure you're not being impatient? When in NAZAM mode the light sequences are different. Normally rapidly blinking yellows just means the system is warming up.

When you say that the red light is on permanently... do you mean the reds on the front arms?

goldfishrock said:
I don't want to state the obvious but are you sure you're not being impatient? When in NAZAM mode the light sequences are different. Normally rapidly blinking yellows just means the system is warming up.

When you say that the red light is on permanently... do you mean the reds on the front arms?

Hmm...I thought it meant that there was no connection to the TX controller. No I mean the small push button LED on the side of the Phantom 2, near the vents. It stays solid red, and documentation says that means that there is no link between the P2 and TX controller.

Post a picture of your set up. A noisy enough 5.8GHz TX can certainly interfere with a 2.4GHz RX if they are close enough. Also, make sure your GoPro WiFi is off. I'll repeat that just to be sure: GoPro WiFi off!

Have you updated both Phantom and RC firmware?

Note: always power RC before Phantom.

@ianwood - Here are some photos of my setup. The AVL-58 TX used to be facing the other side, and I didnt have any issues then...switched it over and still having trouble connecting with the RC. Yep, all firmware are the latest versions.

Attachments

• IMG_20140305_130826.jpg
    IMG_20140305_130826.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_20140305_130807.jpg
    IMG_20140305_130807.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_20140305_130756.jpg
    IMG_20140305_130756.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 560
It looks like your vTX antenna is too close to your RX antenna in the leg and could be causing interference. You need to get it further away. Question: in the last picture, is that thing coming off of the leg near the tape the tip of the other antenna? If the tips of your antennas are bent, kinked or curved too much, it will impact performance.

Fixed it - the problem was the Phantom 2 Receiver. Replaced this board and it is good as new. I wonder what caused the fault?

Can you tell me exactly how you fixed your problem (which parts, where you ordered, and how you replaced them)? I'm having the exact same problem with my new Phantom 2 and it's super frustrating! Thks!

This issue drove me nuts. You need Part 5 - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... eiver.html

Make sure it is not the receiver for the Vision because that is a different frequency. When you do the replacement take out the battery as well, that will give you a bit more room to play around with.

If that doesn't fix the issue you probably have a faulty RC.

Pretty easy. Its held down by 2 small screws. You need to lift up the main board a little bit, just be careful. You also need to route and tape the 2 antennas like the original - make sure the ends are straight and pointing down.

Glad you got it fixed. :)

Great to hear, remember to recalibrate your sticks before flying. Yeah no idea about the failure, was wondering that for mine too. Did you have any crashes or install new firmware before it started to lose the link?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik