trouble connections using iphone and apple cable

Reaction score
I have this annoying issue that keeps getting worse and worse to the point that im starting to think there is a problem.

There are times where I get no signal from my GO app, and I need to keep unplugging and replugging the USB cable along with closing and reopening the app multiple times in order for it to sync my iphone 6 to my app. I have tried over 5 different cables. Most of them are aftermarket. At first I was starting to think maybe the cables are starting to fail or maybe DJI doesnt like aftermarket cables.

I also tried the FPV app and its the same deal. not sure if a simple wiggle of the wire is causing the problem but it freaks me out knowing that I can lose connection from the app during flight (thank god it hasnt happened yet).

the APP has been fully updated, deleted and reinstalled plenty times. Firmware for RC, bird and camera are up to date

Should I buy a brand new OEM apple cable?
should I send back to DJI ?

Any suggestions?

First of all you should have a reliable cable for your peace of mind. There are reliable parties but yes go for Apple cable, it will be longer but its ok as this will keep you mentally free of the cable issue.

Also, try to follow the following switching sequence to get effective results:

1. Switch ON RC and see its LED turns red.
2. Switch on AC and see that LED on the gimbal turns green
3. Wait for RC LED to get green
4. Switch on GO App and watch status bar to get all connected.

First of all you should have a reliable cable for your peace of mind. There are reliable parties but yes go for Apple cable, it will be longer but its ok as this will keep you mentally free of the cable issue.

Also, try to follow the following switching sequence to get effective results:

1. Switch ON RC and see its LED turns red.
2. Switch on AC and see that LED on the gimbal turns green
3. Wait for RC LED to get green
4. Switch on GO App and watch status bar to get all connected.

ok so opening the GO App should be the last step?
yesterday this got really annoying, my RC and bird were both on for 5 min. and I was continuously reconnecting the USB cable, blowing in the ports for dust and reopening the APP unitl it finally connected. It was annoying.

ok so opening the GO App should be the last step?
yesterday this got really annoying, my RC and bird were both on for 5 min. and I was continuously reconnecting the USB cable, blowing in the ports for dust and reopening the APP unitl it finally connected. It was annoying.
Yes App should be started as the last of the sequence.

Reactions: moswissa
Yes App should be started as the last of the sequence.

So I was able to fix the issue.

Apparently the iphone 6 is very picky with aftermarket charger cables. Any slight movement and the GO app will disconnect. the iphone doesnt mind being charged with this cable but using the GO app really pushes its limit

I purchased a genuine lightening cable from Apple on ebay for 5$. not sure if its original but it sure looks nice and fits firmly on the port. Since then I have not had a single issue.

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31