Trouble Connecting to Wifi

I returned mine yesterday to B & H for an exchange for this very reason. Thinking I should've just exchanged for a P2 with gimbal now...

I wish i could return mine. I bought it as a xmas gift for my son in early November. By the time he opened it at xmas, it was past 30 days and B&H wouldn't take it back. They are usually great, but they really disappointed me this time!

I decided to get a refund for my P2V instead and purchase the P2 with gimbal. My new P2 just arrived and picked up the GoPro Hero 3+ from Best Buy yesterday afternoon. Sweet camera for sure!

Ok I found a solution.

Android Note 3

Android has a Setting in Wifi Advanced for AUTO NETWORK SWITCH.

Make sure you uncheck this box. It will try and find another wifi or switch to Mobile Data.

This fixed my problem.

Ok I found a solution.

Android Note 3

Android has a Setting in Wifi Advanced for AUTO NETWORK SWITCH.

Make sure you uncheck this box. It will try and find another wifi or switch to Mobile Data.

This fixed my problem.

I have an iPhone 5s and I notice the easiest way to connect to the phantoms Wi-Fi is to go into settings and forget any Wi-Fi that is connected to the phone and within seconds it finds the Phantom v2

Funnone said:
I have an iPhone 5s and I notice the easiest way to connect to the phantoms Wi-Fi is to go into settings and forget any Wi-Fi that is connected to the phone and within seconds it finds the Phantom v2

Yep. Worked for me also.

Just opened new phanton 2+ and wifi doesn't work. What's the current fix before I ship the whole thing back to amazon and wait another year for a better product. I don't want something that's not rock solid reliable

I have corrected the camera problem on my Phantom.

Start everything up
Be sure your iPhone is connected to the Phantom WIFI
Open the DJI Vision App and confirm you are connected to the Phantom WIFI.
Select the camera icon be sure you have a connection to the camera, you may have to power down and back up until you make a connection.
Once you are connected to the camera select Camera Settings (Below the record button)
Scroll down to Reset
You will get a message “Restore Default Settings” press “Yes”
I powered everything down several times on my Phantom and back up and I received a clear steady picture every time I powered back up.

My wifi won't connect on my iPhone or my android. Back to amazon, I'll try a drone again in a year or 2

I'm having the same issue. Keep getting phantom connection broken. Doesn't hold the wifi connection.
I can fly it. But app doesn't work. As soon as it takes off I lose connection. I tried it with multiple devices (iPhone 4s, 5s and 6).

Contacted Dji, the want me to send it to them. Wonder how long that will take to get back.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this? I've rebinded it. Restarted. Reset. everything.

Can't consistently connect to brandnew Phantom 2 Wifi that I bought from B &H photo.

I have the following problem. I turn on the copter....then I turn on the range extender. After I do this its "POWER" button turns solid green. The "SYSTEM" button next to it turns a blinking green light which lasts for maybe 45 seconds before it goes solid green. My new Iphone 5s cannot see the Phantom network at this point.

Then I wait. Sometimes its 5 minutes....sometimes its 15 minutes....(sometimes its never and I give up for that day) then suddenly the "System" light on the range extender starts to blink and all of a sudden the Phantom network pops up on my Iphone 5s and I can connect to the wifi and fly.

This is INCREDIBLY frustrating as it is a complete crapshoot every time I go out to try and fly whether I will be able to or not. The last two times that I got it to connect and flew it, I flew it about 200 feet away from me when it "Lost Connection" and flew itself home.

I am wondering if the Range Extender is bad. Has anybody else had this problem with a solid/blinking (not connecting/then maybe connecting) SYSTEM button in the manner that I have? Any suggestions would be incredibly frustrated. I am ready to throw this thing against the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too have the same problem. Get to the site, power up everything and cannot fly because the wifi is not present, running latest software on an iPhone 6+. After multiple calls to tech support they gave me an RMA to return the PV2 and controller. 2 weeks now and it is still in "for repair".
Thanks for your suggestion of turning OFF the range extender, good idea and I will test it out when I get it back from DJI.

Hi I just want to elaborate on this point

"This is INCREDIBLY frustrating as it is a complete crapshoot every time I go out to try and fly whether I will be able to or not. The last two times that I got it to connect and flew it, I flew it about 200 feet away from me when it "Lost Connection" and flew itself home."

I am also having an issue where I can't get any further than 80m which is about 250ft. I did a test where I turned off the range extender (as I believe the range extender is only to link the phone to the camera and has nothing to do with controlling the P2V) and anyway I still only reached 80 metres before it lost signal.

I tried the remote controller in FCC and EC mode and this made no difference.

I see you are also having range extender issues (not being able to connect to phantom wireless network) but this sounds like 2 issues one with the 5.8 network not giving any more range than 200 feet and also issue connecting to 2.4 network for camera to iphone.

Does anyone know how to confirm the remote controller is working correctly? Can it be connected directly via usb to DJI Phantom assistant RC app or the DJI Phantom 2 assistant app to have firmware reset or upgraded?

It is really annoying to see that the P2V can fly up to 500m and I am only getting 80m

Yes you can connect your remote to the pc and download the remote assistant software. I did it once and updated my remote but I too have the same problem with connecting to my phantom with the app. I think this is all software bugs that No One is fixing..

Can you be so kind as to copy your old firmware to this page and put a link- so all of us that have updated and not able to use this equipment like it's suppose be and make it safer? let me know if you do since I have been searching the web for a cure. Sounds like " which I have said " its all firmware bugs that causes these problems.

I'm having the same issue. Keep getting phantom connection broken. Doesn't hold the wifi connection.
I can fly it. But app doesn't work. As soon as it takes off I lose connection. I tried it with multiple devices (iPhone 4s, 5s and 6).

Contacted Dji, the want me to send it to them. Wonder how long that will take to get back.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this? I've rebinded it. Restarted. Reset. everything.

Does it still show telemetry - sat counts/battery/altitude/speed, radar etc??
If so, and you still get the connection broken then I can only assume that the cables coming from bird down to the gimbal has been damaged. Unplug all 3 cables and inspect them, especially the 4pin clip in cable. This is usually the culprit for the "connection broken warning". Make sure all the pins are straight and reseat them firmly on installation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31