Tripod transmitter tray?

Reaction score
I use an iPad Air 2 as my monitor. When combined with a monitor hood and the controller, it starts to get very awkward and cumbersome.

Does anyone know of a transmitter tray that attaches to a tripod that will fit the phantom 3 controller?

Just looking for something to mount the controller to the tripod, no need for a monitor mount since the controller already has one.

Please help me make my mini-ground station a reality!

Thanks!

There is a hands free harness available from one of the members store here if that help... Bestem Aerial Bestem Aerial is here! | DJI Phantom Forum
Or if a stand is a must, you may need to fabricate one yourself.

I use an iPad Air 2 as my monitor. When combined with a monitor hood and the controller, it starts to get very awkward and cumbersome.

Does anyone know of a transmitter tray that attaches to a tripod that will fit the phantom 3 controller?

Just looking for something to mount the controller to the tripod, no need for a monitor mount since the controller already has one.

Thanks!
I have a 12x12x1/4 inch piece of acrylic that I attached a tripod mount to == I have Velcro mounts on keep the transmitter attached. Most of the time I sit in a folding metal chair to fly-- but the tripod can be raised to standing height if you want to stand.
IMG_0155.JPG

I did a video a while back on one I purchased from Amazon. A little pricey but I still think it works well. I'm sure it would be great for the P3 as well.

I did a video a while back on one I purchased from Amazon. A little pricey but I still think it works well. I'm sure it would be great for the P3 as well.

Do you have a link for that one

It's in the description under the video.

Thanks!
I use a shoulder strap for my iPad Air 2 it is like the difference between night and day. It takes all the weight and distributes it and it is not around your neck. from the back it looks like an X on your back. Makes it easy to hand catch. I could not use a tripod, I like to walk around too much. Can't stand still.

Looks like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Original-Shou...1445707000&sr=8-2&keywords=dji+shoulder+strap

Last edited:
When combined with a monitor hood and the controller, it starts to get very awkward and cumbersome.

Same way I feel about it. :)

I used an old pelican case I had sitting around and made this - so I didn't have to have the iPad mini on the controller all the time - its nice to have it on there sometimes for quick flights.

Screenshot_10_25_15__10_14_PM.jpg

Screenshot_10_25_15__10_14_PM 2.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I forgot to mention that I was looking for something very portable, as I like hiking with P3P in my hardshell backpack.

But I think I've got it figured out! I've ordered something from Amazon that I plan to mod and it should be here on Tuesday!

I'll post a picture when I'm done!

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I forgot to mention that I was looking for something very portable, as I like hiking with P3P in my hardshell backpack.

But I think I've got it figured out! I've ordered something from Amazon that I plan to mod and it should be here on Tuesday!

I'll post a picture when I'm done!
Any updates? I'd love to see what you've come up with.

Have a look at the Secraft Tray for the Inspire/P3P

I've got one coming with the 'L' mobile device holder.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl