Triple your P3P range with an aluminum range booster!!!!

Can say I have the Aluminium version and it works much more better than the 3D printed version, rather then losing signal I bottle out and I live in an extra urban area with lots of interferance.

Would not recommend it lol

Or I live in an urban area and my range was 1800 feet stock and now, with the aluminum windsurfer, I have about 6000 feet?

Is that not a fair statement/recommendation?

I never claimed the performance of the aluminum version was better, I have nothing to compare it to.

Or I live in an urban area and my range was 1800 feet stock and now, with the aluminum windsurfer, I have about 6000 feet?

Is that not a fair statement/recommendation?

I never claimed the performance of the aluminum version was better, I have nothing to compare it to.

Harry,

That is a good statement, I have the 3D printed version, the Aluminium version and have a controller with the DBS Mod on it.

With 3D printed I got better range then just stock, with DBS I got really, really, really good range but bottled out, with Aluminium windsurfer I got triple what I got with the 3D printed (as good as my DBS) but again I bottled out so could not do true test between Aluminium windsurfer and DBS.

With the 3D printed windsurfer I was at the same spot 4 times and RTH kicked in all 4 times at the same distance give or take 10m-15m, with the Aluminium and DBS at the same location the P3 kept going but I started soiling my pants and turned around with both near enough at the same location give or take 100m-200m without any signal loss or RTH, if signal weakend I would just fix my direction of the RC lol.

I have a video of the run which is only 1.3 miles with the Aluminium windsurfer but most members on the forum would twitch, turn, gasp and swear the **** out of me because I flew over a heavily built up area with high and I mean really HIGH wifi interferance with no issues.

Since then I have left my windsurfers and DBS collecting dust as the weathers been pretty bad with high winds plus works got the better of me.

Once the wind goes down I will take my DBS and Aluminium windsurfer to a remote place where there is less interference for a better test of both.

Reactions: PilotHarry
So I love my P3P, but wasn't thrilled that at 1900 feet away I would lose signal and it would RTH.

So, I ordered a Aluminum Parabolic Antenna Range Booster for DJI Phantom 3 Inspire 1 Windsurfer

Incredible.

Today, from the same location as my 1900 feet away flights, I went out to 6000 feet before my signal broke up!!!

So it more than tripled my range, for a MEASLY (In the scale of things) $28 bucks.

This is a US seller so shipping was quick, quality is great, AND a carrying case is included. 10/10 would buy again :)

Here are some pictures.

So I love my P3P, but wasn't thrilled that at 1900 feet away I would lose signal and it would RTH.

So, I ordered a Aluminum Parabolic Antenna Range Booster for DJI Phantom 3 Inspire 1 Windsurfer

Incredible.

Today, from the same location as my 1900 feet away flights, I went out to 6000 feet before my signal broke up!!!

So it more than tripled my range, for a MEASLY (In the scale of things) $28 bucks.

This is a US seller so shipping was quick, quality is great, AND a carrying case is included. 10/10 would buy again :)

Here are some pictures.

Wondering if there was a addon to the DBS mod with a curved aluminum if this would enhance the range yet again??

I have had one of the Windsurfer antennas for about a month now...the range is greatly increased. I was getting 1500 ft without it, with it I can get to 7000 almost 8000 ft when its clear out...for the price ($30) you can't beat it...

Yup I must admit you've lost me! I must have missed the point.

Microwaves operate at 2.45Ghz so very close to the 2.4Ghz that our P3's operate at.

You know these microwaves can pass through glass and plastic (lucky that or when you put you ready-meal in the microwave inside its plastic container it wouldn't heat up) and the layer of metal in front of the glass door is because the waves can pass through glass.

So you know metal is the best reflector yet insist it doesn't need to be opaque?

Please tell me more about this clear metal you're suggesting we use?

Yuk yuk.

The metal screen you watch the food cook through is to what I was referring.

Yuk yuk.

Crazy!!! These little things are amazing!!! My previous best horizontal distance was 8300 ft. With this thing I have worked my way up to 16,133 ft, that's just over 3 miles out!!! I had full signal the whole way out with only a couple of very brief episodes of "weak video signal" whereas before "weak video signal" and "weak transmitter signal" were the limiting factors. The only limiting factor now is battery life. I landed with 8% battery remaining! Whew!

Reactions: Chris P Duck
I've finally had a chance to do a test comparing the Taco RC aluminum version to a 3d printed one. At this site I had previously (old firmware and app) flown the 3d printed windsurfer to 21,000' with full signal but now with the latest versions it was dying at under 16,000'. Immediately after that flight I repeated it with the Taco RC and turned around at 20,100' with 5 bars signal (did have some signal drop on the return flight though). So even though it has a smaller profile it appears that the aluminum version is better. I'll do a few more tests but it is looking great now.
It's possible I was mis-aiming on the return but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
So you know metal is the best reflector yet insist it doesn't need to be opaque?

Please tell me more about this clear metal you're suggesting we use?

Perforated metal is incorporated into a microwave oven door so that you can see inside while the perforations are small enough to block the microwaves. What the member was suggesting was that the metal antenna reflectors might not need to be a solid metal sheet and might also work if they were made from perforated metal sheet. Clear metal would be cool too :-D

Reactions: N017RW
You can make some ghetto ones and not pay anything like I did. Mine goes miles out, I bring it back in because of battery issues, not loss of signal.

Used a paper towel thing,. cardboard from junk mail, and aluminum foil. Glues it one, cut slots.

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

You can make some ghetto ones and not pay anything like I did. Mine goes miles out, I bring it back in because of battery issues, not loss of signal.

Used a paper towel thing,. cardboard from junk mail, and aluminum foil. Glues it one, cut slots.

small1.jpg

small2.jpg
Just wondering.. would flipping it the other way work better? Or will the signal pass through the printer paper??

I was going to say, these can be made relatively easily. A roll of aluminum duct tape from HD and some curved card board/plastic and start experimenting.

Haha it's just an expression... Aka "stopped working"

Bottled out at 5000 feet= signal stopped working at 5000 :)

I had always thought it was 'bottle-necked'

I was going to say, these can be made relatively easily. A roll of aluminum duct tape from HD and some curved card board/plastic and start experimenting.
There is a science behind it. Its to do with parabolic shape. You want signal to hit/send from a focal point. Narrower parabolic means sharper and stronger beam = farther less accurate. Wider parabolic does the opposite.
This is how the Death laser beam works on the Death Star. Same with your satellite dishes :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4