Triple Battery Charger

Can't help with this charger FunN4lo.

But, I also have a very good P3 multicharger. Does anyone know of an adapter plug, P3 to P4? That way, we would not have to buy so many chargerso_O No luck searching so far.

I have used a similar charger for my P3 for about a year and really love it. Looking for a P4 version now. This one has good ratings, but I wounder is anyone using another brand that they like?

Amazon.com: SKYREAT 4 in 1 Rapid Battery Charger for DJI Phantom 4 / 4 Pro / 4 Pro+ Battery and Remote Controller Transmitter: Toys & Games

been using this exact charger since i upgraded my antenna with one from Maxxuav.com and could not be happier...cuts charging all 3 of my batteries and controller time in half ..sweet no need to look further imo

Reactions: FunN4lo
Can't help with this charger FunN4lo.

But, I also have a very good P3 multicharger. Does anyone know of an adapter plug, P3 to P4? That way, we would not have to buy so many chargerso_O No luck searching so far.

I would say chances of finding an adapter would be slim and none. The 2 spades on the P3 charger probably can't do as much as the 10 ( I guess) pins on the P4 charger

I have the same charger for the P4 Pro. The 1st time I used it I smelled hot electronics. I thought...well it's new and it's just breaking in. Walked over and touched the metal case and it was almost to hot to touch without a burn. Obviously I unplugged it. I also noticed the cooling fan for the circuitry did not turn on. I got it on Ebay, and now wish I had found it on Amazon, as I am corresponding with the seller trying to resolve the issue. I think the seller is working to do this but it would have been so much easier on Amazon. I was trying to charge 3 batteries and the controller at the same time.
It looks like a quality unit. The wires going to the batteries are heavy gauge and the connector looks and works really solid. Maybe I just got the dud. Glad it didn't fly away. Lol

I have used a similar charger for my P3 for about a year and really love it. Looking for a P4 version now. This one has good ratings, but I wounder is anyone using another brand that they like?

Amazon.com: SKYREAT 4 in 1 Rapid Battery Charger for DJI Phantom 4 / 4 Pro / 4 Pro+ Battery and Remote Controller Transmitter: Toys & Games

Yes, that is the "black" charger that is very common. I'd recommend looking for one that has the covers for the battery plug ins. Most of them do now, even if they are not shown in the photos.

You may also want to consider slightly modifying the charger as follows:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Texacola
Does anyone know of an adapter plug, P3 to P4? That way, we would not have to buy so many chargerso_O No luck searching so far.

There is no adaptor as the voltage is different. These are all "dumb" chargers. They simply push out volts with certain amps. No controls.

How does this one compare to the Thor multi-battery charger? I'm about to get one and want to know which to get.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

How does this one compare to the Thor multi-battery charger? I'm about to get one and want to know which to get.
Most likely (99.99%?) it's the same charger on the inside and Thor has just had a custom cover made. Personally, I don't like that they make the claim their charger charges charge 4x as fast or that they _claim_ it's better then the "black" chargers. Again, these are all dumb chargers... they put out he same voltage and the same amp.

Even look at one of the answers from a user... the person states it charges the batteries in 1 1/2 hours (I think that is on the high end). This is "4x" as fast as the stock charger? I don't think so. At _BEST_ Thor could claim is charges 4 devices at the same time so it's "4x" faster. But that would be scummy at the least.

Even the reviews from users say the same thing... it's the same as the "black" charger.

Why pay twice as much for a printed cover in red. If you want to do this... please send me $100 and I'll send you the exact same product in black. I'll even include a nice note along with the purchase.

Most likely (99.99%?) it's the same charger on the inside and Thor has just had a custom cover made. Personally, I don't like that they make the claim their charger charges charge 4x as fast or that they _claim_ it's better then the "black" chargers. Again, these are all dumb chargers... they put out he same voltage and the same amp.

Even look at one of the answers from a user... the person states it charges the batteries in 1 1/2 hours (I think that is on the high end). This is "4x" as fast as the stock charger? I don't think so. At _BEST_ Thor could claim is charges 4 devices at the same time so it's "4x" faster. But that would be scummy at the least.

Even the reviews from users say the same thing... it's the same as the "black" charger.

Why pay twice as much for a printed cover in red. If you want to do this... please send me $100 and I'll send you the exact same product in black. I'll even include a nice note along with the purchase.

Thanks, I think I'll go with whichever one has the best price then.
Happy flying!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

. At _BEST_ Thor could claim is charges 4 devices at the same time so it's "4x" faster. But that would be scummy at the least.

How is that scummy?!??!?

The design point of these chargers is that you can charge 4 items at the same time, instead of one after another. It seams clear that it is not 4x faster for 1 item. It is 4 items... charging as fast as 1 item

Both the P4 and P3 chargers appear to have the same voltage, 17.5v so an adapter is theoretically possible.
I'm surprised skyreat only delivers 70w per battery.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm not a huge fan of that design, but for the price and that it charges simultaneously and not individually it seems worth it. Got a wind surfer from skyreat and they seem like a trusty brand. Go for it if you really want to. Though I have seen a full metal charger for 200$ with cycle (drain and charge) and indicator lights that also charges them all at once. This charger has the same voltage for each battery and is slide in. Whichever you prefer.

How is that scummy?!??!?

The design point of these chargers is that you can charge 4 items at the same time, instead of one after another. It seams clear that it is not 4x faster for 1 item. It is 4 items... charging as fast as 1 item

If you have one battery, is it still 4 times faster? if you have 2 batteries, is it still 4 times faster? if you have 3 batteries and only need to charge them, is it 4 times faster?

If you have 5 batteries is it 4 times faster?

_Extremely_ misleading and it's only correct if you have 3 batteries and the RC to charge.

It also states it's better then the black charger. It's not. It's the same... at TWICE the price.

Scummy? Yes.

If you have one battery, is it still 4 times faster? if you have 2 batteries, is it still 4 times faster? if you have 3 batteries and only need to charge them, is it 4 times faster?

If you have 5 batteries is it 4 times faster?

_Extremely_ misleading and it's only correct if you have 3 batteries and the RC to charge.

It also states it's better then the black charger. It's not. It's the same... at TWICE the price.

Scummy? Yes.

I don't think anyone is confused other than you.

After looking at the vid in the post above discussing the grounding upgrades, I do see one difference in the Red Thor and the black chargers.

The Red Thor has a 3 prong plug. The black has the 2 prong. Does that mean the red case is also internally grounded? Don't know. But that suggests it might be. Is that alone worth $50. Probably not.

Although I would guess all of these things come out of the same Chinese factory, companies can specify upgrades. It could have some other electronic upgrades also. I searched YT but I didn't find any break downs of the red one like is done for the black one above.

I have used the blue P3 version for a year. I have never opened it, but it has a 2 prog plug. I have that charger installed in a metal ammo can, which sits on a metal diamond plate shelf in my truck. Grounding might be good.

Does my set up now make the grounding worth $50? Still probably not. I have wire, connectors, and a soldering station in my build room. There is probably an old laptop in there with a 3 prong lead I could pilfer too.

I might try to see if anyone at Drone World has any internal data specs to back up their $50 "upgrade" price

Posted somewhere earlier got mine for the P4pro and the first time I tried it I smelled hot electronics, the case got almost too hot to handle, and the fan didn't turn on. Started the complaint process with E-Bay and so far the seller Besttrade 360 has offered to send me a new one for $12.95. WTF! I already paid for both the charger and the shipping and got a faulty product out of the box. It's their problem, Not mine! so I have replied their solution is not acceptable. Either send me a shipping label and give me a refund or send a new unit post haste. Next two steps is E-Bays resolution center and my bank card company. How many stars do you think Besttrade 360 is going to get from me. Beware!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic