Trip to Canada with my drone is legal ?

Reaction score
Hello guys can someone tell me if I can go to Canada with my drone to take some shots over there,Canada have any laws about that or something about it ?can go thru the border ?

They're pretty lenient. Just use common sense, and you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What about Niagara Falls can we fly above it or near it legally?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Cubano2031
I do not know about Niagara Falls... check for nearby airports.

I doubt niagra falls because of all the helicopters.

One thing I've learned, if you're unsure if it's allowed. Be quick with your setup, and get the thing in the air fast. That way, if someone says, you can't use the drone, at least you can get some footage. Worst thing they'll do is ask you to stop. I was in Vancouver at this park, unsure if it was allowed. If I had spent a few less minutes setting up, I could have got something on camera. Instead I got some kid that worked telling me I couldn't fly. If I had been quicker, could have got the best footage I've ever had.

What about Niagara Falls can we fly above it or near it legally?

Good question....you think if I gonna have problem in the border or something???

One thing I've learned, if you're unsure if it's allowed. Be quick with your setup, and get the thing in the air fast. That way, if someone says, you can't use the drone, at least you can get some footage. Worst thing they'll do is ask you to stop. I was in Vancouver at this park, unsure if it was allowed. If I had spent a few less minutes setting up, I could have got something on camera. Instead I got some kid that worked telling me I couldn't fly. If I had been quicker, could have got the best footage I've ever had.

Cool,on question on the border did not they ask you for the dron or something?

So I reached out to the park and this is the answer I got.

"Drones are not permitted over Niagara Falls as is internationally restricted airspace.
I'm sorry."

Reactions: jeganx
Hello guys can someone tell me if I can go to Canada with my drone to take some shots over there,Canada have any laws about that or something about it ?can go thru the border ?
Well it is a little late for me to reply since I just saw this but yes you can fly and near the falls IF you use the auto flight of Litchi or some other software that allows for auto flight. Check into the hotel, hopefully you have a garage that allows parking on the upper level, pre-enter your flight from your PC, taken the unit and set it up, tell it to fly a route and bring it back. Flight should be less than 4 minutes and you will get incredible video of the falls. Keep an eye on water and rotary aircraft as the sky is a tourist suck hole. USE AUTO way points so people dont see you looking at the controller or sit in your car until the bird comes back. Good Luck

Last time I was in Niagara, bout 2 months ago, there was so much air traffic I was scared to even think about launching! I counted 6 Helios doing the circuit over the Canadian side alone.

Where are you going to be located in Canada, Ontario or?
I;m about an hour North of Toronto, farm country.
On that same trip I took to Niagra Falls.(by the way, I wouldn't fly the falls unless I was working for parks Canada! Even if you can successfully get in the air without being noticed, I swear there is more traffic in the air in/near the Falls than there is on the roads. You would have to be very adept in ATT. mode just to dodge all the local "see the falls from the air only 50 bucks/flight" helios.
But, on the way back to Toronto, you will pass through our wine country, I stopped in to one of the smaller wineries & within 30 minutes I was in the air touring their acres & acres of grape harvest & cool old structures.
Around that same area are the bluffs, allot of free climbers make this area a "must"destination.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl