Triggering and Alarm NAZA v2

Reaction score
I was hoping to get help with this soon so am double posting. I hope!
Sorry, I dropped this problem for a month as I tackled my vineyard issues. Now the grapes are getting ripe, the turkeys have found them. I await the bears. 15 acres and very little visibility down dense rows of vines means a lot of walking looking for the turkeys. I have my FC40 ready for iPad GS operation. Tests out on the ground, but first I want to install a piezoelectric siren to tell me where the lost drone is or better still, scare the birds. How can I hook it up? I do not intend to use the Intelligent mode, so I thought the X2 channel would be available as a potential switch. Of course when you unplug the X2 to install a switch, you get an error sound. Anyone able to help? I plan to fly on a preprogrammed iPad GS route only.
Thanks

X2 is an input, not an output ;) The only addressable channel in the NAZA for accessories like that is the X1 channel, and the output for that is the F2 port on the opposite side. It's available to you if you're not already using the channel for gimbal tilt control.

That is the seventh Chanel? I have a lever for it but somehow thought it was required for the PMU installation and iOad GS use. Thanks will check it out.

shaskill said:
That is the seventh Chanel? I have a lever for it but somehow thought it was required for the PMU installation and iOad GS use. Thanks will check it out.

it might be irritating, but why not have the piezo buzzer running all the time form it's own battery?? not need to worry about switching it on then.

Well I really want to be able to drop a Mace load on a bear soI will need a switch. I can try the separate battery approach.

As to the seven channel, I did hook it up by plugging the switch into the NAZA X1 port but although the channel does work, the switch did not. Removing one of the jumpers to ON position, does of course trigger the alarm. Not sure what I have done wrong unless I have it backwards.
thanks

shaskill said:
Well I really want to be able to drop a Mace load on a bear soI will need a switch. I can try the separate battery approach.

As to the seven channel, I did hook it up by plugging the switch into the NAZA X1 port but although the channel does work, the switch did not. Removing one of the jumpers to ON position, does of course trigger the alarm. Not sure what I have done wrong unless I have it backwards.
thanks

Try calibrating the X1 channel in the Assistant software, it's probably just not registering the motion of your lever correctly.

No luck. Too easy to assume switch is bad. I have it connected through the F2 channel. The port reads 5 volts, no matter what I do to the seventh channel lever, which is responding on the NazaM app.. I am using the main battery but the wiring diagram calls for a BEC. Does the switch require more than 5 volts to work I wonder.

I tried a different switch. One of the multi-switch devices. Could not calibrate as the LED pattern ran without the transmitter on and nothing happens with the F2 port connection. I have reverted to the stock condition, removing the PMU etc for the iPad GS and no change. Since everything else works, it must be me. What can I try. As I said before, the seventh channel does signal in the NM App so it seems to work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT