Tricked out my spare P3 Standard transmitter. What's next?

Reaction score
A month ago I bought a controller with a broken antenna from Tony (thanks), a fellow member here. I performed the DBS antenna mod on it and like the range boost. Now I have added the Slow Yaw Switch mod that J Dot has built.

I haven't tested the Slow Yaw Switch in flight yet but it works good in the simulator. By the way if you haven't tried the android version of the simulator yet, you are missing out on the worst graphics since the Atari pong game in the late 70's. (well almost) :).

What is next for a mod? I would like a battery with more capacity. I have yet to have a low battery, I do charge often but I don't want to ever find myself in a situation that I can't fly due to a low battery.

I think a silicone cover is next on the list, I have a skin on one of my three controllers, but I think the silicone one will make holding the transmitter more resistant from slipping from my hand and dropping.

yaw mod.jpg

I have seen discussions about a Inspire mount, I will have to go back and look for them. Some members posted a link for the ones they recommended so that will help. One question on the mount, I have only seen the (stem) piece that mounts to the controller, do they come complete with the phone/tablet holder?

I planned ahead for the mount, that is why the switch is placed where it is. I use my Galaxy Note 4 phone so the original mount works but I know it isn't great.

Tele

Reactions: telescott
Yes . All you will need is a nutsert and if ya can't find the thread ..let me know :)

Added / Help with Inspire 1 mount install
Let me add to that in the first picture in that link you see the piece on the right that locks the stick down..
I pulled mine up to prevent that . I didn't like it .

A month ago I bought a controller with a broken antenna from Tony (thanks), a fellow member here. I performed the DBS antenna mod on it and like the range boost. Now I have added the Slow Yaw Switch mod that J Dot has built.

I haven't tested the Slow Yaw Switch in flight yet but it works good in the simulator. By the way if you haven't tried the android version of the simulator yet, you are missing out on the worst graphics since the Atari pong game in the late 70's. (well almost) :).

What is next for a mod? I would like a battery with more capacity. I have yet to have a low battery, I do charge often but I don't want to ever find myself in a situation that I can't fly due to a low battery.

I think a silicone cover is next on the list, I have a skin on one of my three controllers, but I think the silicone one will make holding the transmitter more resistant from slipping from my hand and dropping.

View attachment 44744

Awesome....
Have you got any info on the slow yaw switch?? I seemed to come across a YouTube video, but it only had components.

Is there a module or a kit??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have seen discussions about a Inspire mount, I will have to go back and look for them.
You can find detailed instructions for installing the Inspire 1 mount here.

Reactions: telescott
Because I am frugal (cheap) I bought a Nextbook 8" android tablet at Walmart for $80 (1.8 gHz) and right now I don't have the extra cash to buy an Inspire mount for the transmitter so I made one out of a cardboard box and formed the back of the box to be able to be held by two standard phone mounts (I have an extra transmitter). The tablet works good and I am happy with the final product. It may not be pretty, but it is functional.

Tablet 3.jpg
Tablet 2.jpg
Tablet 1.jpg

View attachment 44744

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4