Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Tree Crash!!! Gimbal correction in Premiere?

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by lsteigerwalt, Jun 30, 2014.

1. lsteigerwalt

So after meeting a tree my gimbal is tilted 6.5 degrees and I am attempting to use premiere to edit it out and would like your honest opinoin on the final video. Im just trying to avoid speding the money on a replacement at this moment...and hoping that the edited video is acceptable..thanks.

http://youtu.be/QPoHEmZWTzQ

2. chuddly

its definitely better once you cropped/edited it. Is it perfect? No. Kinda depends what you are going for? A paid video shoot that will be published and could bring you more work? I would just bite the bullet and buy a gimbal. Just for you to fly around and not lose any footage you might catch for you own enjoyment? I think its good enough for the time being. Im not saying its HORRIBLE...but lets be honest if this is for a job/living/your name then you should have enough pride in your work to just go ahead and suck it up and get the right tools for the job.

3. lsteigerwalt

Thank you for the reply. I agree that the unit should be repaired. Trying to decide if replacing the gimbal will do the trick...hate to drop $700 and it not fix the issue.