Tray for the transmitter

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good tray to hold the transmitter, I find just using a neck strap to the anchor point doesn't do it for me. Even using extenders on the anchor point doesn't balance the controller. I'm sure I'm not alone so I'm hoping that some of the more experienced pilots have already solved this issue. It's made worse when I use a iPad mini with sun shade instead of the Iphone. So any recommendations.

Which one of those do you have. They seem pricey so I would like a recommendation from someone who owns what they are recommending

The English Guy said:
Has anyone found a good tray to hold the transmitter, I find just using a neck strap to the anchor point doesn't do it for me. Even using extenders on the anchor point doesn't balance the controller. I'm sure I'm not alone so I'm hoping that some of the more experienced pilots have already solved this issue. It's made worse when I use a iPad mini with sun shade instead of the Iphone. So any recommendations.

I've spent a lot of money on trays that broke in 2 weeks. Give me a few minutes, I'll post links to where I got em from. Also depends on what you're going to using the radio with (iPad mini, Nexus, Samsung?).

http://bit.ly/1mCu1lX = Complete Garbage.

http://bit.ly/1oY3BJm = Complete Garbage

http://bit.ly/1mOWyEh = THE BEST PURCHASE I'VE MADE YET! He's in Australia, but he ships FAST and as long as you're not using anything TOO heavy, this is what you want. It'll hold anything that's too large for the stock clamps to hold, it holds them with just a gel adhesive which to me is amazing. I've had my Google Nexus 7 on there for over 2 months and it hasn't fallen off once. You should be able to find him on eBay ok, if not his email is [email protected]

If you're looking to use an FPV Monitor (with a screw mount), look in the Classifieds here on PP for an ad from Rave Creative. They're in the UK and make a great little piece specifically for the Phantom Transmitter, but it's only for FPV Monitors with a camera mount on the bottom.

Hope that helps you. Believe me when I say, I've spent a lot to learn this.

Good luck!

I made a prtable tray for my TX and extended range antenna setup out of an old tripod I had laying around and the plastic cover the panel antenna came in, approx 20"x 20"....tripod is very stable .....

Attachments

• Stand.jpg
    Stand.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 387
Mede8er your photo is too dark for me to see what you have.
Elginet I'm not sure I understand you. My problem is that the single neck strap doesn't balance the controller and I need a way to hold the controller so that it remains I the position I want. I've seen photos of trays that have 4 anchor points for straps that go round you. But these are for other types of transmitters and I want one that fits the phantom controller but not at a cost of close to $160.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers