Travelling (driving) with charged batteries...

Reaction score
Hi all

I read somewhere recently, possibly on the paperwork with my spare 3 batteries, that you should not travel with batteries that are more than 50% charged. I have been driving to locations with batteries fully charged as it's usually impractical or impossible to charge at site. Does anyone have a view on whether driving with batteries at full charge is safe practice?

Many thanks, Mark

It should be perfectly safe. If it wasn't, I'm sure the news of a horrific accident would have spread like wildfire by now.

Reactions: Mark Ridgwell
Never heard of any such thing & have always traveled with my batteries charged & ready-to-go. I can only assume this advice was in regards to a lengthy trip via airplane?

What? Where did you read this? Think about it, 99.9% of flights (probably) involve guys charging their batteries, jumping in the car and driving to a film site. Nobody has reported an issue that I have heard of in two and a half years of P1, P2 and P3 ownership.

This issue is storing the batteries for a long time - that should be done at 50% or so, but driving with them? I think not!

What? Where did you read this? Think about it, 99.9% of flights (probably) involve guys charging their batteries, jumping in the car and driving to a film site. Nobody has reported an issue that I have heard of in two and a half years of P1, P2 and P3 ownership.

This issue is storing the batteries for a long time - that should be done at 50% or so, but driving with them? I think not!
I recently bought 3 new batteries and it says it in the accompanying paperwork:

Battery Storage
point 6) "Never transport a damaged battery OR a battery with power level higher that 50%"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers