Travelling across the UK compilation

Reaction score
From the Highlands and Islands of Scotland to the south coast of England. I've had my Phantom 3 for just under 4 months and these are the best clips I've taken so far. I'm still so pleased with the machine every time I take it out. Also used as my youtube trailer now :)

Youtube channel - Iain Mackenzie

Reactions: arkadek1 and gez
Cheers Thiago, much appreciated. :)
Cheers from Brazil!
What is your set up? P3 with 4k camera? Share it with the community :)
Also, did you edit it with Adobe premiere?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cheers guys. The fast paced clips seem to work out really well, I think I'll try it again once I get enough footage.

@Thiago Pereira Thanks man. Most of it was filmed on the phantom 3 standard.. and it's such a great machine. But I found out quite quickly that the distance gets a bit restricting - so just before they released then P4 all the prices went down so I bought the P3A. Being a student I'm on quite a tight budget - but it was worth having it shipped out as I traveled! Correct, Premiere is a fantastic tool. Some good colour presets in there too.

I really enjoyed watching this, makes me proud to be British :p it's a perfect youtube trailer!

I was wondering how you managed to get that close to stone henge to film? I was hoping to go there this year but was told it would be impossible to film there, hopefully not :)

I really enjoyed watching this, makes me proud to be British :p it's a perfect youtube trailer!

I was wondering how you managed to get that close to stone henge to film? I was hoping to go there this year but was told it would be impossible to film there, hopefully not :)

Hey Anewera, thanks for the comment! There are so many incredible spots.

I went early morning and we were travelling between Christmas and New Year so the visitor center was closed. The site itself was still open but meant it was beautiful and quiet. Difficult spot to get the drone up because it's generally such a windy area. I would fully recommend going, a breathtaking historical site.

Well I will definitely be going there this year for sure with my P3P! I would love to film all of the castles in the UK, it would make an awesome vid :)

Have you thought about flying commercially?

Well I will definitely be going there this year for sure with my P3P! I would love to film all of the castles in the UK, it would make an awesome vid :)

Have you thought about flying commercially?

I'm sure you will enjoy it! How long are you thinking of spending in the Outer Hebrides? If you have time, it really is worth going to Harris to see the landscape. It's out of this world!

Funny you mention that. I watched an aerial documentary on British castles today! Taking my drone is a must every time I go somewhere now. I would be keen to fly commercially, but there's so much faff with getting the license and all. Maybe some day.

I will spend as long there as it takes to get all the footage I need :) Thats all im going for lol

Where abouts in the UK are you from? I'm from Cambridge. I have literally just passed my commericial drone licence which you're right was a lot of faff, especially writing the operations manual but it should all pay off soon! I have yet to do my first job but I'm going to focus on building a portfolio which you have managed to do with you're trailer :p

oh fantastic! What's your setup P3? I've never had a proper look into the process of getting a license, what are the main steps you had to go through? I'm from outside Inverness - but am studying in Bournemouth. I graduate this year so I'm planning a gap year in New Zealand (also because I just want drone shots! What a hobby heh?)

I currently use a DJI Phantom 3 pro, its a good system but I'm looking at the inspire 1 black edition :)

Regarding the course, it was two days with the theory exam on the second day, passing that you then start the operations manual (40 pages long, ball ache), then once that has been accepted by the CAA you then go on to do the practical exam, its not to bad but they treat it like your first ever job so your risk assessment needs to be thorough lol

Bournemouth isn't a million miles away. we should do some filming in the Summer!

Mate definitely take your drone to New Zealand, I went there in 2010 (see video), if only I had a drone back then :p

I currently use a DJI Phantom 3 pro, its a good system but I'm looking at the inspire 1 black edition :)

Regarding the course, it was two days with the theory exam on the second day, passing that you then start the operations manual (40 pages long, ball ache), then once that has been accepted by the CAA you then go on to do the practical exam, its not to bad but they treat it like your first ever job so your risk assessment needs to be thorough lol

Bournemouth isn't a million miles away. we should do some filming in the Summer!

Mate definitely take your drone to New Zealand, I went there in 2010 (see video), if only I had a drone back then :p

That sounds like a good investment! Especially if your doing commercial stuff. Well.. that sounds worse than passing a driving test! ha. Looks like you had a cracking time over there. nice one!
What places are you going to when your in Scotland?

I'd down for that, we could meet up somewhere half way.

I don't really know to much about Scotland, I would have to look into it, filming the Scottish wilderness would be pretty cool though.

It was a good time in New Zeland, I would recommend it to anyone.

That sounds like a plan, PM me your email address if you like then we can get something sorted!

Cheers guys. The fast paced clips seem to work out really well, I think I'll try it again once I get enough footage.

@Thiago Pereira Thanks man. Most of it was filmed on the phantom 3 standard.. and it's such a great machine. But I found out quite quickly that the distance gets a bit restricting - so just before they released then P4 all the prices went down so I bought the P3A. Being a student I'm on quite a tight budget - but it was worth having it shipped out as I traveled! Correct, Premiere is a fantastic tool. Some good colour presets in there too.

Just bought Premiere today from on Amazon, do you have any links to tutorials that you've found useful?

oh fantastic! What's your setup P3? I've never had a proper look into the process of getting a license, what are the main steps you had to go through? I'm from outside Inverness - but am studying in Bournemouth. I graduate this year so I'm planning a gap year in New Zealand (also because I just want drone shots! What a hobby heh?)
Glaciers and volcanoes on the same island! That sounds like drone heaven.

Reactions: Anewera

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik