Traveling with phantom 4

Reaction score
I just bought a p4 last month and taking a trip to Thailand in June. I wanted to know what is the best way/lightest way to travel with a drone without a huge case. Also wanted to know if anyone has had any problems at the airport because of the drone. I've seen a couple videos where they don't allow you to get on the fight because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Get you a backpack. Easy to fit on the plane in the over head compartment and when I flew to hawaii. I never was questioned or pulled aside. I think the TSA is seeing more drones...

Reactions: maseman88
The backpack needs to be 20x14x9" or smaller. You must carry on the batteries so you might as well carry everything together in a complaint backpack. I recommend buying a backpack with no markings so nobody knows what's inside. Drones are ok on flights, I've been a on a lot of flights, never had a problem, only been swabbed once. Some countries charge a tax to bring drones in, which is a ripoff. Check with your airline, they might know. You can buy a cheap complaint backpack for only $40 on eBay if you don't plan a lot of trips, but if you plan to use it a lot the best value I think is the Procraft backpack on Amazon for $120. It fits P4 or P3 craft and RC, plus lots of room for other goodies.

I just returned from 4 airline flights with my Phantom 4 on Delta. I use the Manfrotto D1 Backpack. Light and fits in the overhead bins as carry-in. The top compartment works well for additional cameras and gear. I also keep my props in the top compartment so they are not bent from force on the pack should it get leaned on or pressed while on the jet. While the pack is large, it dose work well for what I need.

Reactions: GeekWGlasses
Nice [emoji106] thanks guys!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just ordered the Caseclub Phantom 4 compact waterproof case which is carry-on approved. It looks to be the most functional case and can carry 6 batteries plus one in the drone. I am hoping I can modify it to hold the Itelite antenna attached to the rc. The case can be found here:

DJI Phantom 4 Compact Drone Case | Case Club

Price is very consumer friendly @ $129.95USD, however shipping to Canada is almost the cost of the case at $96.65 :-(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl