Traveling with Drone in Myanmar

Reaction score
Hi all,

We are on a round the world trip and I've got my P4 with me. I understand the drone laws in Myanmar are very strict and I will NOT be flying my drone while in the country. I've read that some have had their drones confiscated at the airport and I'm trying verify if this is true? I've got the drone with me so I'm not sure what to do with it if simply having possession of the drone is prohibited.

If you've had any firsthand experience, please share.

Thanks!

That's interesting. I just found this:

Drone use is allowed in Myanmar, but there are several Myanmar drone laws that need to be followed when flying in the country. Operators must ensure that they follow the following laws when flying in Myanmar,

• You must first contact the aviation authority and get a permit before flying a drone in Myanmar. Contact information for the aviation authority is provided at the bottom of this page
  • You cannot fly your drone near airports or in areas were aircraft are operating
  • You cannot fly your drone near military installations or restricted areas, doing so can result in fines and/or jail time.
  • You must fly during daylight hours and only fly in good weather conditions
  • Do not fly your drone over people or large crowds
  • Respect others privacy when flying your drone
Contact Information
Call: +951 533 015

Email: [email protected]

Myanmar drone laws are up to date as of February 1, 2016

Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or comments

Hi all,

We are on a round the world trip and I've got my P4 with me. I understand the drone laws in Myanmar are very strict and I will NOT be flying my drone while in the country. I've read that some have had their drones confiscated at the airport and I'm trying verify if this is true? I've got the drone with me so I'm not sure what to do with it if simply having possession of the drone is prohibited.

If you've had any firsthand experience, please share.

Thanks!

Hello - could you please update this thread once you figure out what you are going to do? I am in the same boat and totally lost on how to get my drone in :eek:

Reactions: MassDrone
My friend went there as tourist and he was able to bring his Mavic without any issue. Custom clearance was hassless and no one cared...
Might be that Mavic is easier to bring ?

I have another friend who's living in Myanmar and he has a P4P. I'll ask him and come back if any news.

Tried to look into it and only little official information available online, also most feedback comes from bloggers and friends returning from this stunning country. It is advised to get in touch with Department of Civil Aviation of Myanmar to obtain all authorisations or its at your own risk.

✅ You can contact the Civil Aviation of Myanmar via
Phone: (+951) 533 015
Mail: DCA HQ Building, Yangon International Airport Yangon 11021, Myanmar

Hope this helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan