Traveling TO the US?

Reaction score
Living in Toronto, I frequently take trips to the US for photo trips. Really excited about adding a drone to my options. Question is - what do I need to do/know that may be specific to the US? Do I need to register with the FAA as a non-resident? Would I need to register/give notice or something for each trip I do (which is infrequent)?

And assuming need to register... is it an easy process?

From their registation FAQ:

Q12. Are non-U.S. citizens visiting the United States on vacation or for sUAS competitions required to register?

A. All sUAS are required to be registered prior to operating outdoors. Foreign nationals who want to operate in the U.S. may use the FAA's new online registration system. These non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent U.S. residents will receive an identical certificate as U.S. Citizens or permanent U.S. residents under the online registration platform. However, this certificate will function solely as a "recognition of ownership" document. This document is required by the Department of Transportation for foreign nationals to operate legally in the US.

UAS Registration Q&A
sUAS Registration

Registration costs $5 (US). Have fun!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj