Traveling to Orlando....

@tobeallque Orlando is fairly drone friendly - however flying drones around the parks is not allowed. Disney property itself is a no fly zone, and I imagine universal is the same way. Other than that other areas of Orlando are fine.

Reactions: tobeallque
Thanks for the info too. Just bought my P3S and am going be flying to Orlando in a few weeks too, then will make the drive to cocoa beach. Want to get some cool shots of the ocean and area.

I was in Florida a week ago. Flew my P3P on Long Boat and Siesta Keys (west coast/near Sarasota). Beautiful place to fly with long white sandy beaches. Most people were very nice. Respectful and curious. I answered many questons, showed off the features of the controller and some pictures. However, I did meet one dude who was clearly upset by my presence. He did not see me at first, but came charging to my drone when it landed on the beach (far away frome anyone). He seemed close to wanting to destroy my aircraft and then got all in my face and "demanded" to know exactly what I was doing/who I was filming, etc.. I remained calm and tried to answer his questions in a nice manner. He eventually backed down and walked away in a little huff. Having a bad day maybe?

I am a newbie to this scene (only been flying since January). I am thankful for all the great useful information on this site. You guys prepped me for this first bad encounter! Thank you!

Last bit of info, it was maybe 55 degrees on the beach that day. So nobody was in bathing suites. Most people were just out walking the beach. I did not fly low or hover over anybody. Was just out flying the shoreline.

Reactions: tobeallque

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers