Traveling out of country with the phantom 3

Reaction score
I'd like to hear from those that have traveled out of country with their phantom.
What problems if any did you have taking the phantom to say somewhere like Cancun.
Any problems either way with customs? What about checking the case in before flight.

Took mine from the UK to Africa with Kenya Airways......Phantom went in the hold in a hard case, and batteries were in hand luggage -(in a lipo safe bag). I know other people have taken the phantom on board in back packs.
Didn't have any problems at any stage.

I too am planning an aeroplane adventure with my phantom. There are quite a few very helpful posts on this forum so have a good search around. I will also contact the flight operator when I have formulated my plans to confirm there will be no issues at airport... I would suggest a hard case is essential. There are varying reports of the charge state of the battery that operators require. By all accounts though it seems to be very easy to travel with your phantom

I've flown to Nepal, UAE, Scotland, England, Ireland and Canada with no trouble at all. And various flights in the US too. Always carry-on in a back pack. I flew in a couple of small planes in Nepal where the carry on space is way smaller than my pack but there was always some place to stow it.

I have 4 batteries always with me in carry on. One TSA guy asked if my batteries were charged but when I said no he was disappointed as he wanted me to show him how it flew (he said).

I'm in Canada. I just took it to cancun a month ago. No problems at all. I saw at least two other people there who had brought theirs also. They know about these at the customs and no one asks any questions at all. It will however get swabbed and tested for drugs though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers