Traveling (by air) With Phantom

Reaction score
Looking for input on traveling by air with your phantom. Specifically traveling with the lipo batteries, are they allowed on the plane? Traveling to St. Croix, USVI in a few months and wanted to take my FC40 along to get some nice video of the island. I know you're not allowed to ship them by air. Thanks.

If you have a case that organizes everything you should be fine. I was able to take it with me to burning man in Nevada from Florida. I had no problems.

I just made a trip from Florida to Michigan 2 weeks ago. I carried the FC40 on the plane as carry on baggage. I carried 3 lipo batteries in my checked baggage. No problem with FAA security, they asked a few questions out of curiosity but that's all. No problem at all.

Phantom Phixer said:
If you have a case that organizes everything you should be fine. I was able to take it with me to burning man in Nevada from Florida. I had no problems.
Wow, did you fly and video Burning Man? I'd love to see that video!

Kwas said:
I carried 3 lipo batteries in my checked baggage.
It's my understanding that lipos cannot be checked and must always be carried on? Can anyone confirm or deny? I've flown with mine a half a dozen times and it's always been carry on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj