Traveling abroad with no checked luggage

Reaction score
I'll be traveling to London, Italy, and the Philippines soon and I'm really trying to figure out the best way to be able to bring my P3S. I've looked at many different backpack cases but I'm trying to figure out a way to bring the drone and enough clothes without checking anything at the airport. I'll be moving around a lot while there, as well as having several connecting flights so I'd like to just keep everything on me at all times. Can anyone recommend a setup for this?

Also, is it even worth bringing the P3S on a trip like this?

Not possible. You can only have one item of handheld luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

International travel with no checked bags you will spend more time pulled aside by authorities at the borders than you might waiting at the baggage carousel. They will suspect you of smuggling.

Yes. Agreed. No case will be enough to pack your drone and clothes. You will need seperate bag for all. I'm going to Philippines in 2 weeks. Although no problem to travel with it there. Flying it is a different story. You would need a license and it's not easy to get basically because of ignorance and fear over there. The fines if caught are minimum p300.000. Or 8k in dollars. Just bit worth it so I will leave it at home. I've see. People say this and that on you tube. But I also read what the law says As well. It's a ymmv. Plus wouldn't want to get robbed for it since like any major city. Crime is there. Especially in a poor country. Just be careful is key. Most people are excellent. But others will do things bad out of desperation.

Yes. Agreed. No case will be enough to pack your drone and clothes. You will need seperate bag for all. I'm going to Philippines in 2 weeks. Although no problem to travel with it there. Flying it is a different story. You would need a license and it's not easy to get basically because of ignorance and fear over there. The fines if caught are minimum p300.000. Or 8k in dollars. Just bit worth it so I will leave it at home. I've see. People say this and that on you tube. But I also read what the law says As well. It's a ymmv. Plus wouldn't want to get robbed for it since like any major city. Crime is there. Especially in a poor country. Just be careful is key. Most people are excellent. But others will do things bad out of desperation.

Tony, flying in the Philippines is not that strict if you will use your drone for hobby no need for a permit or license, just be sure to follow the CAAP regulation.

That's good. Because everything I read. It seems no one really knows. So I leave in a couple weeks. I guess I will take it. As I will be in bukid so I want to get some great footage. I am concerned about maps since I will not have internet in my tablet. Or my phone. Not sure how I will cache the maps.

That's good. Because everything I read. It seems no one really knows. So I leave in a couple weeks. I guess I will take it. As I will be in bukid so I want to get some great footage. I am concerned about maps since I will not have internet in my tablet. Or my phone. Not sure how I will cache the maps.

you can buy a local sim card with unlimited internet, cost less than 30$ . btw at the airport if happen they check you just tell them you will it use only for hobby and will take it back when return to your place.. and tell then that you have already read the Civil aviation regulation regarding sUAV for hobby not commercial use..goodluck

I have traveled 4 times in the last month with a small suitcase, and a backpack case and have never had to check anything. The backpack can be considered your "personal item."

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep. No one looked in my backpack in Hong Kong. Customs was only 2 mins. Wow.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj