Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Travel with DJI Phantom Backpack

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Steve J Miller, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Steve J Miller

2. srv49

I had no problem taking my P3A to France last year on BA. Just make sure the LIPO batteries are not in the pack but carried separately in other hand luggage. I put each battery in a separate clear thick ziplock bag and marked the details on the outside of each bag. I checked with BA and Heathrow Airport beforehand as an extra check. No questions were asked at all

3. Steve J Miller

Thanks SRV49 - very helpful - I am going to place the batteries in one of those fireproof bags just to be careful

4. Jericho

It's advisable to phone the airline 1st to check, I was told this & that's what I done ,flew Gatwick to Rhodes. They checked for me and within a couple of minutes the guy on the phone said it was okay. Like the other gentlemen said separate drone from batterys.

5. Jericho

Sorry m8 srv 49 had already mentioned the phone call to the airline didn't see at first.

6. davestern2

steve I had no issues going to / from Florida. Doesn't fit under the seat though FYI (9" vs. the 8" needed to get under a seat), which means you can't also carry on a rollerboard. Kept batteries in the backpack with no problem .. once got swabbed and once just run through the x ray twice. Had those fireproof (resistant) bags but didn't use them .. ran batteries down to 30% before traveling with them however. no issues at all.

7. t2adze

What about putting the battery in the luggage?

8. davestern2

You have to carry on the lipo batteries... Cannot go under the plane

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

9. tatmank1

I carried mine from Minneapolis to St. Louis and back. TSA didn't say a thing, much to my surprise, and in the end... the boots I was wearing turned out to be more of a hassle.

10. Moose408

I just got back from a trip to Mexico, no issues at all. The TSA agent did ask me a bunch of questions about how much fun the Phantom was to fly. :)

I had my batteries in the DJI hardshell backpack.

Sabino Diaz likes this.