TRAVEL WARNING: Don't take your drone with you, even tourist

Has anyone had any experience bringing their drone into Kosovo? I haven't found much information thus far so just wanted to check. Thanks!

My recent experience in Brazil, flying in the heart of the country.
I just returned from Brazil just a week and I've been there for three weeks and carrying my Phantom 3 in my backpacks. My journey Began at Heathrow, London to Guarulhos, São Paulo, with connection to the capital Brasilia. Four days later I flew from Brasilia to the airport Santos Drummond-Rio de Janeiro (by the way, the arrival in Rio by this airport has one of the most beautiful view in the world. Make sure to choose for window in the left side of the aircraft). Five days, later I returned to Brasilia and a week later on June 21, returns to Britain, Brasilia, Sao Paulo-London. Always carrying with me my drone in my backpack and in all airports I Have Been, in any security checks, I did not had any problem or any question asked. Now about flying a drone in Brazil. Unfortunately the rainy Autumn in Rio did not make possible to fly. I checked, and it was possible to fly the drone, and the response was positive the long not fly near stadiums, landmarks, slams or 50 meters of distance of people, Which is impossible in Rio, a city with Nearly 12 million people. But if you follow to the more deserted beach, no problem. Already in Brasilia, I had the Consulted Authorities and yes it was possible to fly not Exceeding 200 meter altitude, near the airport areas, presidential and military buildings.

anyone have any experience about bringing a drone to Greece? im going on monday (JFK Airport to Athens, Santorini, Mykonos)...someone told me it should be fine.

I went to Dominican Republic, Punta Cana May of this year, 0 issues.

Phantom3 Standard w/ DJI hard case backpack

anyone have any experience about bringing a drone to Greece? im going on monday (JFK Airport to Athens, Santorini, Mykonos)...someone told me it should be fine.

I went to Dominican Republic, Punta Cana May of this year, 0 issues.

Phantom3 Standard w/ DJI hard case backpack

hey jake i have a question for you. i am headed to punta cana this week and just read online you need a permit from DR to fly here. i am from the usa traveling. did you have to do this??? any info would be great thanks!!! oh, how many batteries did u bring?

hey jake i have a question for you. i am headed to punta cana this week and just read online you need a permit from DR to fly here. i am from the usa traveling. did you have to do this??? any info would be great thanks!!! oh, how many batteries did u bring?

No permit needed when i went. i just went around May. I brought 2 batteries with me. do u have one of those backpacks that stick out? I have the DJI hardshell and they can spot that from a mile away and will just check whats inside.

I also just came back from Saint Maarten and was flying it all over the island and neighbiring islands (Anguilla, Tintamarre, Creole Rock) No problems at all whatsoever!!! Good luck to u man!
Fly Responsibly!

Re: TRAVEL WARNING: Don't take your drone with you, even tou

Don't think about trying to take one to Egypt. I had ideas of some fab aerial footage of the pyramids, Abu Simbel, etc but it took a lot of negotiation for it not to be confiscated on the way in and at every flight I was held while various phone calls were made. I was told very clearly that if I flew it, I would be arrested.
How did you convince them not to take it I have to stop there for a day before I go to Thailand and do not want my drone to be seized can you give me some advice please.

Having traveled a bit for both Uncle Sam and myself...

An essential first step in travel overseas (for US Citizens) is to visit the U.S. State Department website (travel.state.gov) to review any travel restrictions or advisories, this will sometimes also provide details on customs (import/export) restrictions.

Visit Official list of embassies from the U.S. Department of State and note the location and contact info for the US Embassy, Consulate or Mission closest to your destination. If you travel overseas often, consider enrolling in STEP to keep you up to date as you travel.

If you are completely unsure of local rules on travel or use of a UAV in a specific country, before you travel contact the local Embassy, they may be able to get you information or put you in contact with that country's local government agency regulating UAV use (if applicable).

If the worst should happen and you find yourself having equipment confiscated or you are cited with a crime or detained, your first call should be to the closest US Embassy, as they can provide valuable assistance in some situations.

Best advice is always know the rules/laws before you even leave home, make sure you have documentation of your ownership, all pilot certifications, etc. on your person and be prepared to deal in a polite and professional manner with foreign officials you might encounter. Playing the big bad American will always work against you and loosing a drone is easier than finding yourself in a cell in a foreign country.

Finally, definitely consider travel insurance for your drone and other valuable equipment in the event of loss by theft, etc. Review the policy to verify coverage due to confiscation and also if you are commercial, that the policy will cover business use.

-- Mike2A

Hello,

I'm from Chile, here I have fly hundred of times drones, and at least 50 times my Mavic Pro.

I will give you a few information about flying drones here.

There is no problem to bring a Phantom or a Mavic here, you can fly it with no problems almost anywhere. DJI has NFZ for airports and small airports, that they have never caused me a problem. In some parks is forbidden the use of drones like "Torres del Paine" (a place that is mostly visited by people outside Chile) Where you can´t fly is told...and you can always say... "Sorry I didn't notice that" (if it is true) and you will probably get the chance to get your drone back without any problem, but then please don't fly it again.

For example, I practice Mountain Bike and Downhill a few times a week in a mountain near my house, it is part of a national park, it has about 10 places where you can get in, only in one of them says that it is prohibited. I have flown several times my drones searching for new lines, and nothing has happened.

Also, there are some regulations, like do not flight it over 120 meters, and the usual stuff (line of sight, etc), and like most of the places, no one certifies that and no one is being aware of that.

I recommend only one thing, use your common sense, don´t fly over military places, government buildings, etc. If you get in trouble, DO NOT THINK FOR A SECOND IN OFFER MONEY!!!!, that would take you to jail in 0.001 seconds.

I have flown over the beach, houses, buildings, parks, highways, sea, rivers, etc and no problem, just flight with common sense, don´t take your expensive drone to the limit, you can lose it and as you are not at home you will probably don't have the chance to search for it.

Just bring it here, use your common sense and take great pictures and videos back home!!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik