Travel on southwest

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues while traveling. I have a tradecraft case and I was going to carry it on board Southwest Airlines with a few batteries. I've been told it will fit in the bins

thanks in advance

Jeff

From the southwest site:

Personal-type items include purses, briefcases, cameras, food containers, or laptops (case included). Pet carriers are considered either a personal item or a carryon item.
Southwest Airlines limits carryon bag dimensions to 10 x 16 x 24 inches.
All Customers and Employees and their items are subject to a thorough, physical search.
The following items are not considered carryon bags or personal-type items and are not counted against the "one-bag plus one personal-type item" limit:
A child restraint device for a ticketed child with a reserved seat or when complimentary, available space exists.
Assistive/mobility devices for individuals with a disability. There is no limit to the number of assistive/mobility devices a Customer can bring onboard the aircraft.
Outer garments or other wearable articles of clothing.
Food for consumption during flight contained in disposable packaging.
Walking canes or umbrellas.

I have a hardside carryon bag that I fitted with foam that I use for mine. Have flown on SW probably 20 times with it as a carryon, never had any issues.

As far as that case you'll just have to try it. I have checked mine once, forgot to pull the batteries but again didn't have any issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl