Travel Case vs. FPVLR P3S

Reaction score
After doing a lot of research, I ended up with the Microraptor Pro case, rolling model with metal locks. I purchased the model made for the P3A/P3P. The main difference between this model and the standard is the orientation of the controller. The standard version stores the remote sideways, where this version stores it upright. This worked well for me as I have added the Inspire 1 Tablet Holder. I was lucky enough to travel to FPVLR in person and have Tony's tech Vlad install the mount for me during my Stage 2 install, for a nominal fee of course.

You can see from the photo that there is a little cutting needed to make the antenna fit into the large rectangular cavity. I also needed to trim the gimbal foam to fit the difference in the P3S camera. I changed the fasteners for the antenna to wing nuts to expedite assembly/break down. The remaining battery cavities properly house the antenna mount, the upgraded 100 watt charger and the wires for the charger. The front cavity stores the extra props and my upgraded landing gears, which fit in the same mini bag.

I love this case, guys. I feel comfortable carrying this anywhere. A large drop wouldn't phase the contents. The tablet is secure and, most importantly, I don't need to remove the props! Hope this info helps other FPVLR pilots solve the same issue.

Reactions: P3Pilot
It's been windy or rainy every opportunity for a week or so, but yes. The FPVLR doesn't just let you push the limit. It also strengthens the signal during normal operation. So, if you live in a high-interference area, video and RC signals aren't "choppy" with the FPVLR, eliminating that annoying situation.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj