Travel - can The phantom 3 get through customs easily without confiscation

Reaction score
hello everyone. Hopefully some international forum members can shed some light on this question for me. Leaving from the USA for vacation to Italy and Ireland in mid May and was wondering if I can bring my new P3p as a carry on. Will it get stuck at customs? Also do I need to pack the Lipo battery seperately in a checked bag? I tried searching for each country's requirements online but it was hard to decipher and confusing other than the altitude limits. Thanks for the help. Cheers!

hello everyone. Hopefully some international forum members can shed some light on this question for me. Leaving from the USA for vacation to Italy and Ireland in mid May and was wondering if I can bring my new P3p as a carry on. Will it get stuck at customs? Also do I need to pack the Lipo battery seperately in a checked bag? I tried searching for each country's requirements online but it was hard to decipher and confusing other than the altitude limits. Thanks for the help. Cheers!
Search the P2, P2V, P2V+ and Inspire forums. People travel all the time with their birds.

Italy here,

battery comes with your hand baggage (as your phantom i suppose), legal limits are barely explanable, even for us, just cant fly near populated places, CANT do in FPV (ok, nobody cares about that) . In fact, just dont fly it on San Marco plaza and you ll be fine.

How about Drone laws in Germany and Austria?

Reactions: musicman476
I flew my P2V+ all,over Europe last summer with no problem. Flew AA from US to Germany, then Italy, then France and back to Germany before flying back to US. Most airports never asked me to take it out of my backpack. I think one scanner operator asked what it was. Told him and he passed it through with no problem. No one asked about batteries....I had 3.....non- issue! Fyi, I always carried it on the plane as carry-on. Never checked it.
As for flying it, never had any problems. Lots of curious tourist with lots of usual questions, but no one confronted me or challenged me. I flew in some pretty high visibility locations without any issue.

Does anyone know the laws in Argentina? I will be going there in a few days and i would like to bring my P3 with me.
Thank you

I'm here in Miami, FL and I travel quite a bit and I cam personally say i've never had any issues from planes to cruises. You should be alright!

Would love to know if you learn anything as I'd like to take my P3 to Germany this summer, too!

Actually, my brother lives in Germany and I will ask him to inquire around. On another note, I'm sure there is a no fly anywhere in Paris, but it'd be cool to fly there.

Actually, my brother lives in Germany and I will ask him to inquire around. On another note, I'm sure there is a no fly anywhere in Paris, but it'd be cool to fly there.
Thanks I appreciate it. Yes, would be cool to fly in Paris, but not sure I'd try it.

There are supposedly problems going to a few countries - I've heard Brazil and Spouth Korea for example. I've flown within the US and to Canada, UAE (Dubai) and Nepal all with no problem at all.

you should have no problems
Lithium battery should be on carry on luggage as airlines don't like them in the hold.
This included the tx as well.

According to DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines,
"Travel Notice
Before carrying the intelligent flight battery on an airline flight it must be fully discharged"

I heard no for Spain. I guess it doesn't matter for me anymore as my P2V+ did the kamikaze thing on Sunday anyway and my P3A is still not in.

We are nearly swapping countries, I'm traveling to Florida in June from Ireland and I'm contemplating bringing my P3 with me . As far as bringing it to Ireland you should be fine at customs, you are visiting and carrying your own photographic gear with you. It is legal to fly it here for recreational purposes as long as you don't fly over any areas where there will be large concentrations of people or obviously near airports. The legal height for rpas here is 400ft . If you have anymore questions pm me and I'll help you out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan