Transporting Phantom 3

Reaction score
Hello, I am traveling to Texas in a month or so via plane and I was wondering: what is the best way to transport my Phantom 3 while using air travel and what are the laws regarding transporting drones? I am also not looking into purchasing expensive carrying cases so a cheap method would be most appreciated

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
The P3s is no issue as far as traveling in the USA, IIRC.

Why not take it in the box, as carry on? Take any spare batteries and put them in another carry on?

Attachments

• faa_airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf
    263.9 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Hello, I am traveling to Texas in a month or so via plane and I was wondering: what is the best way to transport my Phantom 3 while using air travel and what are the laws regarding transporting drones? I am also not looking into purchasing expensive carrying cases so a cheap method would be most appreciated

Thank you very much.
There are really cheap carrying cases from 30-50 on eBay, Amazon, etc http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Carrying-DJI-Phantom-Blueskysea/dp/B00Y814Z0S. They are okay, especially if you are just doing a quick trip. If you plan on doing any hiking, etc with them they fray fairly quickly. They are bulky but are acceptable for carry on (I would not trust mine in cargo, plus you will have to bring your batteries onboard regardless.)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj