Transportation by DHL to CostaRica

Reaction score
I am seaman,

Left my P2V at home. Planning to arrange DHL to send from my country to CostaRica local agent. Will not ask about price but completely don't know what to do with declared value for package and any customs in Costa Rica.

Would you declare full price of your package as 1200 USD or smaller ? What if Customs will declare bigger price?
When i simulate at DHL website and declarating normal price, costs of transportation is 800 USD :)) Absurd. If i will lower price it will be tripple less.

Did anyone send your Phantom abroad?

Regards,
Marek.

I bought mine in Amazon, shipped it to Costa Rica (im Tico) y paid for transportation and taxes around $400, and yes i declared the $1200 because of the insurance, in case something happens, they pay based on the value you declared, hope this helps

Alvaro

I may be missing something, but as it's yours and you are sending it to yourself, then isn't it a gift and therefore value effectively zero? I'm sure you could purchase some standalone insurance from the courier to cover damage in transit, but for customs, etc, surely it's a zero value item as it's a personal possession... Just my thoughts!

If you bring it yourself then you can go throght no problems, but if you bring it using a courier company then yes, they charge approx 30% of the total value, including shipping, be sure to describe the item as "Video Camera" if you describe it as a flying RC toy, they will charge 50% of the value. Hope that helps

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj