P3 4K Transmitter Wont Power On.

Reaction score
Flew my P34K yesterday without incident. Today I attempted to power up the transmitter, and it would not respond. No lights, ect. Left on charger for over hour, still no lights when on the charger or after pressing power button twice in the usual fashion. I may have left the tx on. Unit was not dropped or abused in any fashion. Sound like it has to go in for repair/replacement of battery.?

Thanks

If you're willing to open it up or have done before, just measure the voltage across the battery. It should read about 3.6V OR maybe the battery plug has come unplugged somehow or a wire boke on the battery itself.

Last edited:
If you're willing to open it up or have done before, just measure the voltage across the battery. It should read about 3.6V OR maybe the battery plug has come unplugged somehow or a wire boke on the battery itself.

thanks for the reply. This begs the question, does leaving the tx on deplete the battery completely, or does it have a failsafe in which it cuts off before battery damage? I do know that lipos do not like being completely discharged.

thanks for the reply. This begs the question, does leaving the tx on deplete the battery completely, or does it have a failsafe in which it cuts off before battery damage? I do know that lipos do not like being completely discharged.
1490738647350-1036787123.jpg
hi have also heard open remote back and unplug batt then plug bac togetha,,,:)

EDIT: Cancel that. I keep forgetting that the 4K is more like the Pro/adv remote than the standard.

But anyways, yes, you'll need a new battery. If you are handy, you can just replace it with a generic 2s LiPo.

Last edited:
Read my edit....
Noted.... I hadn't seen the edit when responding to your original comment- I am confident it will be a similar pack to the advanced/pro P3- with cells tapped individually to a four pin plug. You would likely have to disassemble an aftermarket pack to access the cells if modifying to fit, the common between cell balance tap on an aftermarket pack provably isn't usable.

Noted.... I hadn't seen the edit when responding to your original comment- I am confident it will be a similar pack to the advanced/pro P3- with cells tapped individually to a four pin plug. You would likely have to disassemble an aftermarket pack to access the cells if modifying to fit, the common between cell balance tap on an aftermarket pack provably isn't usable.

Yeah, not a drop in swap... but still doable.

It's very possible that the LiPo has been over-discharged to the point that its voltage is now below what the RC charging circuits expects, so it doesn't even try to charge it. If the battery still has a "pulse" (meaning: does not read 0V) and you know what you're doing (!), applying the right DC voltage directly to the battery outer leads for 15 minutes or so can bring it up to a level where it gets properly detected by the RC, which will take it from there. I'm well aware that a LiPo could be damaged beyond repair by over-discharging it, but I also have direct experience that what I just explained can work (it happened to me a few years ago with a 3S LiPo pack, which is still in use today after being jump-started!).
If your battery is a 2S, something in the 6-7V range should do it, like 4 alkaline AA batteries in series.

Last edited:
thanks all for the input. Unit is still under warranty. think it would be covered?

Yes.... just don't tell them that YOU left it on. Play dumb.
Duh oh! Thanks. good advice. Wonder how big a deal it is to replace the battery if it is truly shot. I have many 2s batterie from my fixed wings and have dealt with lipos since they came out. I assume the tx is 2s lipo.

It's very possible that the LiPo has been over-discharged to the point that its voltage is now below what the RC charging circuits expects, so it doesn't even try to charge it. If the battery still has a "pulse" (meaning: does not read 0V) and you know what you're doing (!), applying the right DC voltage directly to the battery outer leads for 15 minutes or so can bring it up to a level where it gets properly detected by the RC, which will take it from there. I'm well aware that a LiPo could be damaged beyond repair by over-discharging it, but I also have direct experience that what I just explained can work (it happened to me a few years ago with a 3S LiPo pack, which is still in use today after being jump-started!).
If your battery is a 2S, something in the 6-7V range should do it, like 4 alkaline AA batteries in series.
Thanks. I have heard of recovery of batteries these circumstance. Just no sure if I want to tear the unit apart since its still under warranty.

Thanks. I have heard of recovery of batteries these circumstance. Just no sure if I want to tear the unit apart since its still under warranty.
Totally up to you, of course. It also depends on how far you are into the 1yr warranty... if you have only 1 month left it's a totally different story if you have 11 months left...
Just for the sake of it, try one more time to charge the RC... chances are near zero, but if the battery was just minimally over-discharged (which is what we're all assuming, although the problem could be something completely different), letting it rest for a day might bring its voltage back up just enough for the RC to detect it (again, we're just assuming the RC works that way).

Totally up to you, of course. It also depends on how far you are into the 1yr warranty... if you have only 1 month left it's a totally different story if you have 11 months left...
Just for the sake of it, try one more time to charge the RC... chances are near zero, but if the battery was just minimally over-discharged (which is what we're all assuming, although the problem could be something completely different), letting it rest for a day might bring its voltage back up just enough for the RC to detect it (again, we're just assuming the RC works that way).
Whoa! Just tried what you sadi above, and I got a light on tx after plugging in charger. One light so far. Will update you in time. Thanks. Was jjust geting ready to call DJI.

Reactions: Solly747400
And it fully charged in hour. I then let it run for over an hour and it only discharged to three lights. I tried shaking, rattling tx to check for shorts including when on the charger.
Something I didn't know, the tx emits a beeping noise after five minutes of no stick movement. It then beeps for another five, and then shuts down. That said, I wonder what happened to cause it not to start up.? If I had forgotten to shut it off it should have auto shut down saving the battery.

Powers itself off? Good to know.

Full charge in an hour?
That seems odd, Maybe something loose.

I don't think the P3S will shut itself off.

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan