Transmitter won't go into GPS mode

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I have an FC40 and tonight, for the first time, I could not get the copter to move into GPS mode. I had to abandon my plans and come home!

When I plugged it into the NAZA control software I found that the right side switch for GPS / ATTI / Failsafe is only going between ATTI and Failsafe, it remains with the central output (ATTI) even though the switch is in the GPS position.

So - given that this unit is only a few weeks old do I (1) send it back to the vendor but be without the copter for a week or more, or do I (2) pull open the remote to see what is what and possibly invalidate any warranty on it.

Thoughts ?

Thanks - Damian.

horne47789 said:
Hi everyone - I have an FC40 and tonight, for the first time, I could not get the copter to move into GPS mode. I had to abandon my plans and come home!

When I plugged it into the NAZA control software I found that the right side switch for GPS / ATTI / Failsafe is only going between ATTI and Failsafe, it remains with the central output (ATTI) even though the switch is in the GPS position.

So - given that this unit is only a few weeks old do I (1) send it back to the vendor but be without the copter for a week or more, or do I (2) pull open the remote to see what is what and possibly invalidate any warranty on it.

Thoughts ?

Thanks - Damian.

more than likely it the switch I had mine do the same if I pushed up on it hard the lights would turn green and gps was there but as soon as I let go left gps mode

You can order a switch or
I just cut the wires in controller and swapped the top and bottom ones
turned the switch around and whola works like a charm
of course the bottom position is now the bad one but I don't use that one

http://youtu.be/fPNaX3YJ0Q0

Connect it to the Assistant software and see what it shows in the RC section when you flip the switch...you'll be able to tell if it's registering the correct position change or not. The other possible cause of your issue is very poor or no GPS reception.

Thanks guys. I had tested it in the NAZA interface and the switch definitely is not registering an output for the top position. I'll get in touch with the seller tomorrow and see what they say. Hopefully they'll just swap it out for me.

I opened it up earlier to have a look and see if anything is loose, but it looked normal enough - no loose wires.

If I don't get the right response from the supplier then I may pick up a soldering iron and get to it :) Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Cheers - D.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20