Transmitter Upgrade - have you considered it??

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm going to want to upgrade transmitters soon or eventually into the future. For reliability, protection and safety, and peace of mind. I know people use brands like Futaba and Spektrum. My questions are these:

1. I can upgrade / replace the transmitter for my 5.8Ghz Phantom 2 Vision +, correct? I know this is possible with the 2.4Ghz Phantom 2.

2. What is the recommendation for a quality industry transmitter at a good price? I do not think I want $800 or higher controller for a quad that costs about $1k. I'd like to stay at $300-400, have better protection against radio interference, but not absolutely break the bank.

Cheers! Thanks!!

I don't know what choices that you have available to replace the 5.8 tx. You can't use 2.4 as the WiFi extender uses 2.4 . the phantom naza only supports sbus. I like to know the same thing.

As you already know, Futaba's Fasst system works for 2.4Ghz, but I don't know about 5.8Ghz. I hope someone, with the knowledge will chime in.

I assume that you want to keep the receiver. If so, you might see if Futaba has any offerings in the 5.8Mhz spectrum. If you swap out both, then your options are increased.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20