Transmitter Throttle Stick

Reaction score
Hi all.
New member here from the Peak District in Derbyshire, England.
Quick question regarding my 2 day old phantom! Can I change the left throttle stick from a self centering sprung type to a non centering one so the throttle setting remains where it is when I release the stick?

Andy

Cavinghippy said:
Hi all.
New member here from the Peak District in Derbyshire, England.
Quick question regarding my 2 day old phantom! Can I change the left throttle stick from a self centering sprung type to a non centering one so the throttle setting remains where it is when I release the stick?

Andy

Yes, open the TX and remove the spring.... done.!

Just make sure that once to turn the TX over to remove the back cover, remove the spring on the RIGHT hand side! ;)
Also pull out the covers apart GENTLY because there are wires attached. :eek:
Finally save the spring for keep sake in case you want to switch back. :?

I purchased a Phantom three days ago and I though the throttle stick was broken. All of the videos show the throttle stick all the way down on the left side(mode 2). After calling the dealer and was told the new transmitters come that way, I went to our flying field and flew the Phantom for the first time. I like the new throttle stick. Everything worked great and everyone was impressed with the Phantom.

Hi

I purchased my Phantom yesterday, and haven't even had a chance to unpack it yet, much less fly it. I did notice during the one quick look inside the box that I had, that the throttle is spring loaded.

I've flown other fixed wing airplanes and helicopters, and none had a spring loaded throttle. Can someone explain to me;
-what's the reasoning behind a spring loaded throttle?
-where is "neutral" on the throttle? in the center position? with the stick in the lowest position? I''m almost afraid to turn it on for fear that it suddenly launches with my hands on/near the rotors. I had a VERY bad situation with my first quad, a Gaui 550 where I'd set the transmitter down to plug in the battery, and one of my dogs bumped it and knocked the trottle from the bottom position (OFF) to mid throttle, enough for the craft to be hovering.
The end result was a pair of leather gloves torn to ribbons, a pair of hands torn to ribbons (over 60 stitches all told, to 7 fingers) and zero flying ANYTHING for almost a month.

WReimer said:
Hi

I purchased my Phantom yesterday, and haven't even had a chance to unpack it yet, much less fly it. I did notice during the one quick look inside the box that I had, that the throttle is spring loaded.

I've flown other fixed wing airplanes and helicopters, and none had a spring loaded throttle. Can someone explain to me;
-what's the reasoning behind a spring loaded throttle?
-where is "neutral" on the throttle? in the center position? with the stick in the lowest position? I''m almost afraid to turn it on for fear that it suddenly launches with my hands on/near the rotors. I had a VERY bad situation with my first quad, a Gaui 550 where I'd set the transmitter down to plug in the battery, and one of my dogs bumped it and knocked the trottle from the bottom position (OFF) to mid throttle, enough for the craft to be hovering.
The end result was a pair of leather gloves torn to ribbons, a pair of hands torn to ribbons (over 60 stitches all told, to 7 fingers) and zero flying ANYTHING for almost a month.

The Phantom has a safety feature that prevents that type of accident plus others.
On start up, you have to arm the motors by performing the CSC (Combination Stick Control) by moving BOTH sticks to either 2 bottoms at the same time. Then you can release all to neutral (middle) except the throttle which you must raise slowly until it comes to stop in the middle then magically your Phantom will lift off. ;)
Most Phantom flyers want to keep the attitude as stable as possible when taking video, so the auto-centered throttle comes in handy because you don't have to look at the stick. The program has been set in such a way that when the throttle is about the center position, the Phantom will use the barometer sensor to keep it level by adjusting the power hence throttle for all the motors as needed.
For more information read the Quick start manual plus others here:

http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-downloads/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic