Transmitter / repeater question

Reaction score
I have the 5.8ghz transmitter with the phone holder. (FC40)

I am using an amped sr10000 600mw repeater to extend the wifi, which works quite well.

It is plugged to a phantom battery (fastened with Velcro) to be portable.
Now for the question.

I made a sunshade for the iPhone, and would like to put the repeater on top of it fastened with Velcro.
Everything fits fine, however should I be concerned that it may interfere with the transmitter antenna?

The repeater sits right on top of it.

Thanks

The repeater does just that, it repeats the signal. And it's very simple.

To setup:
- Turn on camera. Once camera LED stops flashing,
- With repeater connected to a computer through Ethernet (disable all computer network connections first). turn on repeater.
- Type in the address in a web browser that is on the Amped repeater.
- This will start the wizard, it will ask you what network to repeat. Choose the camera network address.
- It will then ask you the give it a name. Here it is important you give the network connection you are creating a similar name to the camera network name. I used the same and added 99 to the end.
- It will reboot itself. Normally it fails to comeback. Turn off / on repeater, now you are all set.

To connect the camera and repeater before flight:

- Turn on camera. Once camera LED stops flashing, turn on repeater.
- Connect to the repeater in wifi settings of the IOS device first (android device you can choose the network name in the DJI app directly).
- Open the DJI app, connect to network.

Now you have 1000 feet or so range, over 2000 and more (who knows how much more) feet with higher gain antennas. I am also assuming it will work exactly the same with a Gopro and Gopro app, will test once I get a Gopro.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic