Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Transmitter / repeater question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ericdes, Mar 2, 2014.

1. ericdes

I have the 5.8ghz transmitter with the phone holder. (FC40)

I am using an amped sr10000 600mw repeater to extend the wifi, which works quite well.

It is plugged to a phantom battery (fastened with Velcro) to be portable.
    Now for the question.

I made a sunshade for the iPhone, and would like to put the repeater on top of it fastened with Velcro.
    Everything fits fine, however should I be concerned that it may interfere with the transmitter antenna?

The repeater sits right on top of it.

Thanks

2. Leviathan76

Newbie question: Can you provide directions on how you made the repeater?

Thanks

3. ericdes

The repeater does just that, it repeats the signal. And it's very simple.

To setup:
    - Turn on camera. Once camera LED stops flashing,
    - With repeater connected to a computer through Ethernet (disable all computer network connections first). turn on repeater.
    - Type in the address in a web browser that is on the Amped repeater.
    - This will start the wizard, it will ask you what network to repeat. Choose the camera network address.
    - It will then ask you the give it a name. Here it is important you give the network connection you are creating a similar name to the camera network name. I used the same and added 99 to the end.
    - It will reboot itself. Normally it fails to comeback. Turn off / on repeater, now you are all set.

To connect the camera and repeater before flight:

- Turn on camera. Once camera LED stops flashing, turn on repeater.
    - Connect to the repeater in wifi settings of the IOS device first (android device you can choose the network name in the DJI app directly).
    - Open the DJI app, connect to network.

Now you have 1000 feet or so range, over 2000 and more (who knows how much more) feet with higher gain antennas. I am also assuming it will work exactly the same with a Gopro and Gopro app, will test once I get a Gopro.