Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Transmitter lower "pot" control??

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by djscoutmaster, Feb 8, 2014.

1. djscoutmaster

What does the lower of the 2 pots in the phantom 2 transmitter do? Top one is tilt but klis the lower the same as the p2v? Does it control transmitter strength?

2. Bill_Burkert

Nothing in the manual but typical for DJI. I have offered to write a technical manual for them/us but that would be customer service which DJI stinks at. The 3DR community does it well but the APM quadcopters just don't handle like the Phantoms.

3. djscoutmaster

soo it does nothing?

4. jtw29

I'm looking for the answer to this question as well. Does anyone know if the lower pot on the Phantom 2 transmitter controls the tx output like in the P2V?

J

5. DKDarkness

The lower pot swithes between CE and FCC signal strength. CE = 300 meters (one beep at startup), FCC = 500 meters (two beeps at startup)
    Startup = switching transmitter on.

6. jtw29

The transmitter for the Phantom 2 (non-vision) does not beep like the Phantom 2 Vision transmitter does. That's why there is a bit of confusion on this issue.

7. DKDarkness

I could be wrong of course, the Vision transmitter runs 5.8 ghz, the non-vision 2.4. Just checked the manual for both, and sure enough, no mention in the non-vision manual. Furthermore, the latest firmware upgrade to the transmitter has introduced a software switch for CE/FCC mode (page 54)
    Page 12 in the vision manual still shows the CE/FCC setting though.
    Could be a unused 8th channel?