Transmitter light flashes

Reaction score
I have a phantom 1 and I love it. Have not had any issues. I talked my brother into buying one and he is having trouble getting it in the air for the first time.

When he turns his transmitter on, the red light on the transmitter comes on for a second then flashes 5 times then stays on solid. He has also been unable to calibrate his compass. He tries to toggle the GPS/Atti switch in the transmitter but the Phantom light stays at a yellow flashing, it never gets to the solid yellow needed to start compass calibration.

As just mentioned, the Phantom light stays at flashing yellow.

I think his transmitter may be bad. Any thoughts?

Constant flashing yellow on the Phantom means it is not getting a signal from any transmitter which would seem to confirm that the transmitter is not working. I'm not sure what the 5 flashing reds means on the transmitter: I have not seen that. You might try re-pairing the Phantom/transmitter per the advanced manual. Search "phantom advanced manual" and look through that PDF at the transmitter pairing and calibration. See if that helps. Calibrate the transmitter and re-pair it to the Phantom. If that doesn't work and you've confirmed good batteries in the transmitter, I'd say bad transmitter.

Mike

Also, hook the Phantom up to the assistant software and try both RC types (PPM and D-Bus). Some Phantoms/firmware requires the PPM selection while others want D-Bus. The manual is wrong when it says to just select PPM. PPM does not work on a Phantom 1.1.1 with firmware 4.02 for example: they want D-Bus.

Mike

I had this same problem after updating the firmware. I had the constant flashing yellow lights. I later found out that if you have the latest Phamtom version 1.1.1 and you have two antennas sticking out of the bottom on the landing gear, you must use D-Bus and not PPM. Once I switched it to D-Bus, my transmitter started working and I was able to calibrate my compass and take my first flight. This info should be in a sticky or they need to rewrite the manual as this drove me crazy for a view days until I finally figured it out.

Panotaker said:
I had this same problem after updating the firmware. I had the constant flashing yellow lights. I later found out that if you have the latest Phamtom version 1.1.1 and you have two antennas sticking out of the bottom on the landing gear, you must use D-Bus and not PPM. Once I switched it to D-Bus, my transmitter started working and I was able to calibrate my compass and take my first flight. This info should be in a sticky or they need to rewrite the manual as this drove me crazy for a view days until I finally figured it out.

I had exactly the same problem. Took 4 hours of diagnosing until I figured out that after updating, the software still chooses PPM. But that's the wrong mode even though all the written materials stress "you must select PPM".

Mike

Are you guys taking about P1 as my P2 Assistant software doesn't seem to have these options.

I just had the same issue with the original phantom.

If you immediately flip the switch as soon as the battery is connected you should be able to get compus calibration.

is your yellow light flashing in a 4 flash sequence?

If so, like mine, that is warm-up mode let that sucker sit and it will go to green/red may take 2-3 minutes.

My tx flashes red then goes to solid also, it works fine...

So you know tech support is clueless to this saying it need paired to the receiver.

NEED HELP.

After Dji phantom board upgrade and Zenmuse H3 2D the LED flashes Slow yellow. I know this is not the tx fast flash, i think it means there is no GPS/COMPASS connected.(which there is)
If I have switch in GPS mode it will still flash yellow.
I can fly in fine in Atti mode but i need the GPS back.
It has not crashed so cancel out GPS Module damage.

Before i order another compass does anyone have any suggestions on getting the green light back that makes flying alot safer.
Before i upgraded GPS worked fine.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers