Transmitter charging problem

Reaction score
After 2 weeks of flying my new Phantom 3 pro my transmitter will not charge. When I plug it in it will charge for about 5 to 10 seconds then stops. It will occasionally charge for a few seconds every minute or so but after 8 hours it has only charged to one dot. What's up??? Called DJI and they want the transmitter back for 6 weeks to repair. My summer plans for this thing will be long over by then. Any ideas how I can fix this without being grounded for 6 weeks?

After 2 weeks of flying my new Phantom 3 pro my transmitter will not charge. When I plug it in it will charge for about 5 to 10 seconds then stops. It will occasionally charge for a few seconds every minute or so but after 8 hours it has only charged to one dot. What's up??? Called DJI and they want the transmitter back for 6 weeks to repair. My summer plans for this thing will be long over by then. Any ideas how I can fix this without being grounded for 6 weeks?
What was the lowest light showing when you started charging it?

Yes. It was at one light, when I started. About 5 hours later there were no lights on an I thought it was charged up and took it off the charger. The next morning I turned it on to access the pilot app and after about 15 min the battery alarm sounded. That's when I started watching the charge and realized it was just intermittently charging. I checked the volt on the charger and it was a steady 17.4 volts with no fluctuations.

Good news,
Since I had bought it at Amazon the seller was kind enough to exchange the bad controller for a new. She linked right up and I'm back in the air. Woo Hoo!

Same thing happened to me when I went to perform the recommended initial battery/RC charges to top off the batteries. Apparently dji has a vendor supplying them with some defective power cords that are shipping with the newest P3Ps. The power cord connection I'm talking about is the one where the USA AC power cord plugs into the DC adapter block. That two prong plug does not fit snugly in its receptacle in the DC adapter block and as a result you have an intermittent electrical connection causing intermittent charging. My power cord fit so loosely that it would fall out of the DC adapter under its own weight. You can trust my diagnosis of this bad connector because I have over 22 years experience as a professional electronics technician.

I called dji last week and they had no idea what i was talking about. I'm sure they're soon going to find out they've got a problem when people keep calling with the same issue.

Anyway, iif that's your issue then it's a simple problem to fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.