transmitter callibration not responsive. help request

Reaction score
Hi,
So my PV2 has been acting up- traveling in circles when hovering and not being very easily handled... (I had a couple crashes) to the point I can't safely fly now. I figured I would attempt to connect to the assistant software and see if I could find any issues, or reset to 'zero'.
I have tried connecting to the assistant software (removing the case of the transmitter and connecting micro usb), but there is no indication that the software recognizes i am connected. This doesn't seem like rocket science, but I'll be D#&%ed if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.
And for the sake of troubleshooting- compass calibration is done before each flight- successfully.
Edit: the assistant software doesn't recognize any connections. no lights go on- nothing. tried every combination of on/off inserting usb etc... nothing.??

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Jim

Vision Assistant - connecting to aircraft only.
RC Assistant - connecting to transmitter only.

Before opening up the transmitter you can calibrate it from within the Vision Assistant - as per my previous reply on the other thread you are more likely to require IMU calibration rather than transmitter calibration...

gorilla said:
Hi,
So my PV2 has been acting up- traveling in circles when hovering and not being very easily handled... (I had a couple crashes) to the point I can't safely fly now. I figured I would attempt to connect to the assistant software and see if I could find any issues, or reset to 'zero'.
I have tried connecting to the assistant software (removing the case of the transmitter and connecting micro usb), but there is no indication that the software recognizes i am connected. This doesn't seem like rocket science, but I'll be D#&%ed if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.
And for the sake of troubleshooting- compass calibration is done before each flight- successfully.
Edit: the assistant software doesn't recognize any connections. no lights go on- nothing. tried every combination of on/off inserting usb etc... nothing.??

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Jim

Greetings:

Calibrating the TX was difficult for me, mainly because the process is not documented well. The process must actually be completed twice with two different software packages. First the Transmitter needs to be plugged into USB, and the RC Assistant is used to calibrate it. Then while the Phantom copter itself is Plugged into USB you calibrate the received transmission from the Transmitter using Phantom 2 Assistant 1.08.

Figuring out that process took me a bit of time.
Hope this helps,
Chuggie

Chuggie said:
gorilla said:
Greetings:

Calibrating the TX was difficult for me, mainly because the process is not documented well. The process must actually be completed twice with two different software packages. First the Transmitter needs to be plugged into USB, and the RC Assistant is used to calibrate it. Then while the Phantom copter itself is Plugged into USB you calibrate the received transmission from the Transmitter using Phantom 2 Assistant 1.08.

Figuring out that process took me a bit of time.
Hope this helps,
Chuggie
Thanks, ya- it's really a pretty important thing, but it's entirely unclear in the manual. I did the calibration through the phantom 2 assistant software 1.8 and it had the TX calibration there- I think I read somewhere that it's all in one... is that true (as far as you know)?
thanks again for the tip
Jim

Chuggie said:
...First the Transmitter needs to be plugged into USB, and the RC Assistant is used to calibrate it. Then while the Phantom copter itself is Plugged into USB you calibrate the received transmission from the Transmitter using Phantom 2 Assistant 1.08. Figuring out that process took me a bit of time. Hope this helps, Chuggie
Chuggie I've added this to the Upgrade Instructional w/props to you (Step-12) so your hard sleuthing doesn't go to waste.

iDrone

Thanks for the info.
I updated my firmware on the PV2 and the assistant asked for controller calibration so I attached it and calibrated it using the controller assistant. I confirm it did not mention this had to be repeated on the PV2. It does make sense though so that is the first job before the next flight.
Thanks again :)

iDrone said:
Chuggie said:
...First the Transmitter needs to be plugged into USB, and the RC Assistant is used to calibrate it. Then while the Phantom copter itself is Plugged into USB you calibrate the received transmission from the Transmitter using Phantom 2 Assistant 1.08. Figuring out that process took me a bit of time. Hope this helps, Chuggie
Chuggie I've added this to the Upgrade Instructional w/props to you (Step-12) so your hard sleuthing doesn't go to waste.

iDrone

Hi iDrone, I'm new to the forum so I'm wondering what you mean by the 'upgrade instructional'- is there a 'users made, owners manual'? on here? or some sort of FAQ?
Just curious if that's what you meant.
Jim

iDrone said:
Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party... It's one of the stickies you'll find at the top of the Vision forum:

Upgrade firmware B4 flying your Vision! Update 1/4: FYI Macs
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4394

iDrone

I was thinking... For the noobs, which the stickies are primarily aimed at... Maybe we should put the word STICKY in bold in front of the title of each. If you visit here often enough you can see that they're always there, but it might not be evident to infrequent visitors... Whaddaya think?

-slinger

gunslinger said:
I was thinking... For the noobs, which the stickies are primarily aimed at... Maybe we should put the word STICKY in bold in front of the title of each. If you visit here often enough you can see that they're always there, but it might not be evident to infrequent visitors... Whaddaya think?

-slinger
Good idea, how's this: "Sticky: Update Your Vision Firmware / Updated 1/4: FYI Macs"

I'm trying to leave room at the end to post when a major change has been made, like new firmware releases or warnings like the "must upgrade controller & PV together or risk loss of communication" etc.

iDrone

iDrone said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger
Good idea, how's this: "Sticky: Update Your Vision Firmware / Updated 1/4: FYI Macs"

I'm trying to leave room at the end to post when a major change has been made, like new firmware releases or warnings like the "must upgrade controller & PV together or risk loss of communication" etc.

iDrone

Perfect...

-slinger

Done.

BTW, I bought a Flytrex... Now gotta buy Dashware. Maybe a dumb question, but Isn't there enough room inside to fit the core? I see they put it on the underside of the Phantom, but I thought there's some space next to the NAZA module?

iDrone

You could, but you'd need to open her up every time you want to take the sd card out to download your flight data from the Flytrex. It also has a temp sensor in it so an internal install would affect that (if you're bothered). Also, whilst the board is covered in a protective wrap I wouldn't want to risk it shorting anything out - there wouldn't really be a surface to mount it to.

I had hoped it would fit inside the battery area, just to the right, under the receiver. That would have been ideal as it wouldn't be near any components and would allow access to the card through the back - it just doesn't fit as it's too deep. Ditto for fixing above the battery on the underside of the main board.

I did try! :)

gunslinger said:
iDrone said:
Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party... It's one of the stickies you'll find at the top of the Vision forum:

Upgrade firmware B4 flying your Vision! Update 1/4: FYI Macs
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4394

iDrone

-slinger

Hi,
Agreed- I'm new, and I don't know about any stickies. I see the 6 options (beginning with new messages and ending with active topics) I don't see what your referring to. The link in idrones message led to a thread, but I don't see any 'catefories' within the pv2 forum- its just a long list of threads... uless i have it configured wrong.
I'll look in to it tonight (when I'm not at work). Thank you both for your help.
and FYI- i did an IMU calibration last night and did a test flight at lunch- It "seems" to be flying like new! miracles happen!
Jim
Jim

iDrone said:
Done.

BTW, I bought a Flytrex... Now gotta buy Dashware. Maybe a dumb question, but Isn't there enough room inside to fit the core? I see they put it on the underside of the Phantom, but I thought there's some space next to the NAZA module?

iDrone

There's a micro SD card you need to swap in/out. Otherwise... yeah, there's plenty of room inside. I was trying to figure out a way to put the core inside and still have access to the SD, but... not happenin'...

-slinger

I realize there's a microSD and was hoping I could cut a slot for it thru the shell (neatly of course). I guess I'll find out soon enough when it gets here. Thanks for the info, its appreciated, more questions to come I'm sure.

iDrone

iDrone...trying to update PV2 rc using assistant 1.08 on a Mac. 1.08 will not recognize the rc. Any thoughts??

Sadly DJI haven't made a Mac compatible version of the RC Assistant, which is what you need to update the transmitter. The Vision Assistant 1.08 can only be used to update the aircraft itself. I believe some people have had the RC Assistant running successfully under Windows emulation software on the mac - I'm not a mac user myself, so don't know which. Someone will be along soon who's got it working to let you know, I'm sure.

You are unfortunately correct. Have a look at the Sticky on upgrading Vision Firmware, Step-4 in red explains why & what options you have.

Oops, cross posted but twice as good info!

iDrone ;)

iDrone said:
I realize there's a microSD and was hoping I could cut a slot for it thru the shell (neatly of course). I guess I'll find out soon enough when it gets here. Thanks for the info, its appreciated, more questions to come I'm sure.

iDrone

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. I just couldn't come up with a way to get that to work... If you do, please share... :D

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj