Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Transmitter calibration problem

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by patc221, May 8, 2013.

1. patc221

I have tried and tried to recalibrate my transmitter. Evertime I connect to the software it shows a -5 value in the channel monitor for the transmitter. When I take off it goes to the left and comes toward me.

any help would be greatly appreciated

2. allenj

Same thing here. Several times I did the full calibration using the Phantom Advanced User Manual and I cannot get everything centered at "0". Does anyone know why this is?

3. k8xd

Those values are preprogrammed into the Phantom from the software. Don't worry about them. Just enjoy.

4. allenj

Our concern is that during startup, we are seeing double-green flashes indicating that our sticks are not centered (at "0") if they were centered (as they should be after calibration) we would get the proper single-green flash as we are supposed to before takeoff.

5. auck

you will always get the double green before flight. that is because you NEED to have the throttle stick at the bottom. meaning that you can never have a single green blip at the very beginning. arm your motors, then move your throttle stick to the "0" position to get the single green blip.

6. telecaster

DJIs own Phantom web does not agree with you, they state that the throttle stick is not included in the center check:
    [​IMG]

7. auck

interesting. since the update, i always get double blinks until i arm the motors and have the throttle back up to center. maybe it's just my craft?

8. telecaster

:)
    After testing on the field today I believe that you are right and the manual is wrong,
    mine too behave they way you are describing. It goes to show that you cant trust DJI.... :roll: :D

9. auck

i blame it on typos and things being mixed up in translation.... they really do need to hire a good translator that can translate chinese to english... and add a good proof reader too :)

10. pwright

Or it just shows that published information - even on the web - is out of date the minute it is published.

They just released the new firmware. What is the chance that they have actually updated the manual and/or website to reflect the new changes?

11. auck

too true - just double checked the LED manual they have up on their website and it is dated 2013-03-19. :lol:

12. tachac

Hi guys, I had same problem but then after calibration I tried to click on reverse and back to normal and it jumped to 0 again, in my case.

But NOW I have problem that speed on my transmitter doesn't work from 0 (stick down) but only from middle to up (stick in the middle)

I definitely did something wrong but I have no idea where . Everything works fain just speed doesn't go smoothly from 0-100% , but I would say from 30 % of stick position ...

Any ides???

Btw. My english sucks, sorry :-D

Thanks for advices - Tomas from Prague

13. Tijo

I'm having the same issue as Tomas and the 'copter wants to pull slight to one side. Could it be a transmitter calibration issue?

14. reaperrchobby

Same here. Dead stick from 0 to 45ish then sudden power with slight drift to right.......Dji needs to pull head out of backside. Admit issues and fix them. I do reviews for potential dealers and have already stopped at least 15 shops from selling. Not good

15. tachac

I already did 10 times calibration and I'm having still same problem... So question is : Is it repairable? Or should I take Phantom back to shop? Have you guys read more about this problem somewhere? :(

16. FangsCPO

I would say the online manual is out-of-date. What is it with this company that they don't come out with an annoucement on what's coming down the pipe or what to expect for. This is totally crazy!! There is some serious liabilties here. I know we all want to have fun and promote how good this aircraft is but doesn't DJI realize that we are their best advertisers. Keep us happy!!

17. MRSpyder2U

I had the same issue with the -5 on the sticks and the double-green. Last night I did the transmitter calibration and really PUSHED the sticks into the corners. I was able to get two of the numbers to oscillate 0 and -1 and the other to a steady 0. Today, most of the time, I was able to get a single-green where I had double-green.

18. patc221

I did get my Phantom to go to all zeros by installing the Assistant 2.12. It zeroed them right away. All but the rotation. I restored the default on the assistant and it zeroed the rotation. Make sure you check your setting on the Naza to make sure they are where you want them. Now I have return to home on the second attitude position. I have not tried it yet so use info with caution. The wind has been blowing here with gusts up to 60 mph.