Transmitter calibration issue Phantom 2

Reaction score
I have three Phantom 2's - the last one I purchased was with the H3-3D gimbal. MAJOR issues chattering, jerking, etc. In addition, when upgrading firmware the calibration of the X1 lever on the transmitter put the gimbal/camera in the DOWN position at both extremes. I have returned the H3-3D for an exchange and put back one of my H3-2D gimbals on the Phantom. Did all the recalibration (it required me to downgrade from 3.02 to 1.08 - and the X1 lever on the transmitter STILL causes the gimbal/camera to point directly down in both directions. To get the level facing forward camera, I have to baby the x1 lever to just over midway.

I've search, asked, searched more and find no others having this issue - or any suggestions on how to resolve it from the seller or DJI. Any help out there?

It doesn't affect the flying of the Phantom, just annoying to have to baby the lever - too far and the camera moves to pointing down.

Oh… LOVE the Phantoms and flying!

I don't know if this will help because I've never done any firmware downgrades but it sounds similar to a problem I was having after my first firmware upgrade where the X1 lever just wasn't working properly, similar to what you describe.
The solution basically was: do calibrations in the RC assistant (not Phantom Assistant! you did upgrade your RC firmware using RC asst, right?) until the X1 lever is acting semi-normally... at least moving from side to side not just jerking from 100% to 0% or vice versa. I fiddled a bit with the screw hole but people have subsequently said that screw does absolutely nothing on a P2 non-vision *shrug*.

anyway once the X1 lever is working semi-normally in RC assistant, switch to Phantom Assistant and do the RC calibrations from there. I had to do it a few times but between the above process and tweaking the X1 Gain now my X1 lever works fine

QYV said:
I don't know if this will help because I've never done any firmware downgrades but it sounds similar to a problem I was having after my first firmware upgrade where the X1 lever just wasn't working properly, similar to what you describe.
The solution basically was: do calibrations in the RC assistant (not Phantom Assistant! you did upgrade your RC firmware using RC asst, right?) until the X1 lever is acting semi-normally... at least moving from side to side not just jerking from 100% to 0% or vice versa. I fiddled a bit with the screw hole but people have subsequently said that screw does absolutely nothing on a P2 non-vision *shrug*.

anyway once the X1 lever is working semi-normally in RC assistant, switch to Phantom Assistant and do the RC calibrations from there. I had to do it a few times but between the above process and tweaking the X1 Gain now my X1 lever works fine

Plus 1 on that fix

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik