Transmitter Battery Voltage

Reaction score
I have a Phantom V1 that I operate with a Futaba 8J transmitter. Using Duracell alkaline batteries in the transmitter causes a voltage drop every five minutes...6.0 volts. 5.9 volts, 5.8 volts, 5.7 volts, etc. The Futaba manual says using 4 cell
Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries (1.2 volts x 4= 4.8 total volts) is acceptable. (the manual also says that the Futaba 5 cell rechargeable battery pack (6 volts) will discharge quicker than the lower voltage 4 cell batteries. How low should the transmitter voltage be allowed to drop before risking loss of control?

mikrob said:
I have a Phantom V1 that I operate with a Futaba 8J transmitter. Using Duracell alkaline batteries in the transmitter causes a voltage drop every five minutes...6.0 volts. 5.9 volts, 5.8 volts, 5.7 volts, etc. The Futaba manual says using 4 cell
Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries (1.2 volts x 4= 4.8 total volts) is acceptable. (the manual also says that the Futaba 5 cell rechargeable battery pack (6 volts) will discharge quicker than the lower voltage 4 cell batteries. How low should the transmitter voltage be allowed to drop before risking loss of control?

See page 33 of your Futaba manual.
If you don't have one???, you can see it here:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/8j-manual.pdf

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj