Transmitted image is black. No errors.

Reaction score
I last flew my P3P about 3-4 months ago and it worked flawlessly.
Since then it's been sitting at home, safe in its case.
Today I fired it up, and it booted normally, and it showed no errors, but is transmitting a black image.
Just to make this clear, I am *NOT* seeing the "No image transmission signal" error, which has been discussed quite a lot here and elsewhere. As far as I can tell it thinks the image is transmitting fine, there's just nothing there. Same on the HDMI output from the transmitter. Just black image, with live OSD over it.
I have full control of the gimbal and camera, and when I recorded a short video, it showed up fine on the SD card. I tried without SD card as well, and it's still black.
I have *not* upgraded any of the firmwares since it last worked (still on 1.4.x).
I don't think this is due to the recent forced update of DJI Go app, because I checked the HDMI output before the tablet was even connected to the transmitter (normally I get an image immediately, but not this time).

Has anyone else seen this specific issue, and have a fix? Again, I don't think this is the "normal" no image transmission problem.

nope didn't pop on, I was hopeful. Same exact symptom as above. dji said they have never seen this. My p3p had normal lightbridge video Monday at lunch, fired it up tuesday morning... blank phone screen, all is green says ready to go gps, no red " video transmission error" as many have stated they have, hd pane shows lightbridge transmission. I have full control of gimbal and can take photos and video from the tx but no live video it's like i didn't take off the lensecap I don't own. firmware is current. Bird has never been crashed or hard landed. Tried several different phones with same results. uninstalled and reinstalled apps (DJI Go and Litchi) multiple times on different devices. oddly forced firmware reinstall, fails every time. tried several freshly formatted cards. Not sure where to start with fixing it since it seems all is working. When exactly did yours quit, is it possible there was an "update" to an app or something monday night? Because I flew monday at lunch, and had live feed, tuesday morning it didn't work... Oddly i noticed it first on Litchi since that's what I normally use. I then uninstalled litchi and installed dji go expecting it to work but i have never seen live feed again....

Have you checked the gimble cable going into the camera. It's so sensitive the lightest fold in the cable could cause problems

Reactions: MedicFL1
Have you checked the gimble cable going into the camera. It's so sensitive the lightest fold in the cable could cause problems
I have wiggled all of the gimbal ribbons and connection points while observing my blank video feed and it never changes is there a better way to check the ribbons? Also i have tried at least 4 different android devices with a blank live feed on all of them.

Screenshot_20170309-214949.png
My issue is identical to everyone else that has the burned out vtx except that i have no red error messages on top of my screen. Im curious if the live feed video uses the same trace in the ribbon cable that the video recorded on the sd card uses, or a separate trace, as the video is still able to be recorded on my sd card.

Try putting in an sd card and see if you can access the camera then. If you are indoors, it appears that your settings may just be set for light and not darkness. But put in an sd card first. From what I see, there is no sd card and you cannot access any camera settings without an sd card inserted into the gimbal. See what happens if anything.

After a 10-15 feet crash, my bird also connected to my RC, and decided to give me a black screen. It was warmer than usual, so I shut it off, pulled out the battery, and let us rest for 20-30 minutes. When I turned it back on, everything was fine.

He is getting proper video to the SD card so I don't think it's anything with the camera and camera connection.
Could be the gimbal board not processing/sending video to the transmitter but my hunch is the HDMI module. Can you try putting back the original board that doesn't have the HDMI output? This is a P3 after all and you have to add HDMI to the RC for those.

Reactions: MedicFL1
If my problem were iso or another camera setting, "reset all camera settings" would have restored my video correct?

If my problem were iso or another camera setting, "reset all camera settings" would have restored my video correct?
Yes, but take That cover of and Check your ribbon connections on back.
Sounds like a lightbridge problem.
Do your settings come up as they normally would?

Yes all settings come up as usual. I can capture photos and video from the tx. The photos are on the card when reviewed on pc but show blank just like my live feed when i try to review from the dji go app. Just noticed that last night.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan