Transform a P3 Adv/Pro remote to work as a Inspire gimbal remote

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have a friend who unfortunatelly destroyed his Phantom 3 Professional. I got his remote control because I thought it could be usefull in the future.

My main idea is to use this extra remote (since I also have a P3 Pro) for another project of mine.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty much into the Inspire version. So I'm wondering if there is any way to adapt this extra p3pro remote to work as the second remote to control the gimbal on the Inspire.

Please share your knowledge about this, to see if we manage to make this transformation.

Thank you in advance,
Have great and safe flights!

Hello everybody,

I have a friend who unfortunatelly destroyed his Phantom 3 Professional. I got his remote control because I thought it could be usefull in the future.

My main idea is to use this extra remote (since I also have a P3 Pro) for another project of mine.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty much into the Inspire version. So I'm wondering if there is any way to adapt this extra p3pro remote to work as the second remote to control the gimbal on the Inspire.

Please share your knowledge about this, to see if we manage to make this transformation.

Thank you in advance,
Have great and safe flights!
might be better to ask over here
DJI Inspire Forum

The P3 remote controller is not compatible with an Inspire.

Reactions: ringolong
I wonder if there is any way to adapt it to work that way.
For sure. But, if you manage to figure it out, I bet it'll cost more than buying an Inspire remote controller.

For sure. But, if you manage to figure it out, I bet it'll cost more than buying an Inspire remote controller.
At the moment the extra inspire remote costs 619€... If I have already an extra P3 pro, do you think I would spend that much to adapt it (considering that it is possible) ?

If you bought a used Inspire remote controller, there would be nothing to adapt.

I understand. But, what you're attempting to do is take the guts from an Inspire remote controller and put them into a P3 remote controller. It sounds like you really should have just bought an Inspire remote controller.

Reactions: Argh
Since Inspire 1 can work with P3, I thought that the way around shouldn't be hard.. I bought the controller very cheap from a friend, and my initial idea was to use with another drone, also for gimbal control. But since Inspire controller is so expensive, I thought that maybe the "best business" and use, could be this kind of adaptation. Maybe I don't need to take out the guts of an Inspire controller. Maybe I just need to open the p3 pro controller and install what is missing from the inspire one, which (again) maybe can be found in any RC store.

If it hasn't been done by now you can be 99% sure it cant be done. There are some amazinly talented modders in here and if they havent done it I would say no but by all means knock yourself out trying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan