Transcend Sd Cards

Reaction score
Are these cards worth buying?

4.jpg

Are these cards worth buying?
That memory card writes at 85 MB/s, so it'll definitely do the job. While it's a bit overkill for Phantom's needs, the high read/write speed will allow you to greatly cut down on the time needed to transfer files to/from the memory card.

I think there's a size restriction, maybe 128 GB
DJI does list a max size of 64GB in the Phantom specs, but it's definitely not a hard limitation. Some people are even using 256GB memory cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Locke
I do for 4K video, files are huge?
So how huge are your 4K files?
Most shooters only film the good stuff rather than leaving the camera running for the whole flight.
But if you did video a whole flight in 4K you will only use about about 10-12GB.

How many batteries do you want to fly in a day?
You could fly 6 batteries and video each flight completely on 64GB.
But sending saved footage or images up again and again is not a good strategy if you value your work.

You could easily fit a whole flight of 4K video on one 16GB card and still have space left.
Using a few 16GB cards and swapping them out every flight makes a lot more sense.
Bigger isn't always better.

Reactions: RémyHeli
I don't leave my camera on during the whole flight. I use 3 batteries when I fly. I also have 16Gb, 32GB cards.I also use my 64 on my GoPro hero 4 black.

I'm going down the road (like Meta4) of having a few 16 GB cards, rather than one or two big ones. I've got a USB to micro SD card adaptor and an OTG connector so I can see what's on the card when using USB media explorer app from my Android device(s) whilst I'm off on my hols in the Pyrenees next week. (No WiFi so no Google Drive or Dropbox in the remote gite we're staying at). I've also cached Litchi maps on my tablet by creating 'fake' missions.

Reactions: Richard24

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20