Training recommendations needed ! (UK only!)

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Quick question.. I have £1k in hand (not easy, currently between jobs) would like recommendations on training in the UK where I can go, train, do my ops manual (not so daunting with new template) and flight test & get my PFAW application in ASAP.

Already have a major contract lined up, so need to move quickly !

Seems a 3 day residential course (or one with nearby digs) is my best bet. Ideally Chester/Brum/Bristol kind of central areas would be ideal.

Any thoughts? Very much appreciated you wonderful bunch [emoji106][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi guys,
Quick question.. I have £1k in hand (not easy, currently between jobs) would like recommendations on training in the UK where I can go, train, do my ops manual (not so daunting with new template) and flight test & get my PFAW application in ASAP.

Already have a major contract lined up, so need to move quickly !

Seems a 3 day residential course (or one with nearby digs) is my best bet. Ideally Chester/Brum/Bristol kind of central areas would be ideal.

Any thoughts? Very much appreciated you wonderful bunch [emoji106][emoji6]

I'm doing PFAW with Resource Group (Wales based I believe) and think they're very good. All Trainers seem to be ex-military and take a no nonsense clinical approach, but also nice guys, who genuinely want you to pass (in my experience). I did the training course in Barnsley and flight test at Richmond (N Yorks).
I doubt you can complete the course in much under 4 months tho', as you need to pass the written test and get a certain number of flight hours (at least 8) under your belt before taking the test. Then there's the ops manual to write which is a chunky tome. I gather the CAA are also slow at processing submissions and it can easily take a month or more just for that.
Hope that helps

I did mine with RUSTA.. Very impressed! 2.5days ground school (no nonsense approach) Ops manual took a fair bit of hard work tho. PM me if you need any help!.. Be ready with your flying skills for your GFT...Good luck

I did mine with RUSTA.. Very impressed! 2.5days ground school (no nonsense approach) Ops manual took a fair bit of hard work tho. PM me if you need any help!.. Be ready with your flying skills for your GFT...Good luck

I'm doing PFAW with Resource Group (Wales based I believe) and think they're very good. All Trainers seem to be ex-military and take a no nonsense clinical approach, but also nice guys, who genuinely want you to pass (in my experience). I did the training course in Barnsley and flight test at Richmond (N Yorks).
I doubt you can complete the course in much under 4 months tho', as you need to pass the written test and get a certain number of flight hours (at least 8) under your belt before taking the test. Then there's the ops manual to write which is a chunky tome. I gather the CAA are also slow at processing submissions and it can easily take a month or more just for that.
Hope that helps

I'm currently slogging through my Ops manual and have stalled on Vol 2. The level of detail they require on the P3P spec is more that DJI provide. If you can share the info you used I would be grateful. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4