Train over the Etowah River

At one point there I thought you were about to go "SPLAT" with the train..... :? good vid what are you using ?

I really enjoy all the train vids that get posted, yours was really good and well planned.

On the other side of that coin, trains are one of the worst things you should be flying near. #1) those engines are nothing more than a huge electro generators/magnets. #2) Railroads (at least in US) have grandfather clause to RF frequencies - they have for years, they literally own the wideset band of freqs available and you are just playing with fire flying near a moving train.

Our flying freedoms are already at risk of being lost with all the bad press lately. I think flying close to, and potentially interfering with, commercial boats, trains, planes, emergency crews or public crowds dramatically increases that risk. Just my two cents.

A little too close without proper permissions Cowboy! Put yourself in the place of that train engineer for a moment, and imagine what you'd have done if you saw that bird hovering that close :roll:

bobomet said:
A little too close without proper permissions Cowboy! Put yourself in the place of that train engineer for a moment, and imagine what you'd have done if you saw that bird hovering that close :roll:

Point taken.

EMCSQUAR said:
I really enjoy all the train vids that get posted, yours was really good and well planned.

On the other side of that coin, trains are one of the worst things you should be flying near. #1) those engines are nothing more than a huge electro generators/magnets. #2) Railroads (at least in US) have grandfather clause to RF frequencies - they have for years, they literally own the wideset band of freqs available and you are just playing with fire flying near a moving train.

I didn't think of that. Thanks for the warning.

hotstink626 said:
At one point there I thought you were about to go "SPLAT" with the train..... :? good vid what are you using ?

FC40 and GoPro Silver. I do know a couple of guys that work at the RR here local. But point taken on buzzing thet train. I could easily give them a heads up and ask permission. They kind of know me as the crazy guy with the camera anyway.

EMCSQUAR said:

so much of this.
I was going to say that you are majorly lucky one of a two things didnt happen.

Being so close, the wind (almost like a suction) could have brought your phantom down.
All that metal could have messed with your signal

BTW, I see you have a similar setup to mine in terms of FC40 and gopro type :) I noticed a lot of jello effect. If you have no intentions of buying a gimbal, at least get a $20 anti vibration mount. The videos will be much smoother. You will be pleased :)

dragonash said:
EMCSQUAR said:

so much of this.
I was going to say that you are majorly lucky one of a two things didnt happen.

Being so close, the wind (almost like a suction) could have brought your phantom down.
All that metal could have messed with your signal

BTW, I see you have a similar setup to mine in terms of FC40 and gopro type :) I noticed a lot of jello effect. If you have no intentions of buying a gimbal, at least get a $20 anti vibration mount. The videos will be much smoother. You will be pleased :)

Thanks I am looking into a gimbal. I did try a cheap one that didn't work out so well.

I liked it, a lot.

Good video.

I suppose the points made above are valid, but between a train and PV2 fight, I know who would win.

And as you say, they know you as the crazy camera guy anyway....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers